This is My "Real" Blog: I'm No Lionel Richie. . . . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm No Lionel Richie. . . . .

"I had a dream. . . I had an awesome dream. . . "

Last night, I had an amazing dream. A dream that I am praying comes true. Wanna hear about it?

Last night, in the midst of my slumber, I dreamed that I was babysitting. That's not so miraculous, or spectacular. But here's the part that's kinda cool.

It was Beth's granddaughter. (And said granddaughter hasn't been (conceived) born. . . yet) But, nonetheless, I was walking around my living room with this precious little girl -- dressed in a striped pajama/sleeper. She couldn't have been more than 4 months old. And yet, she spoke to me. She said, "Sing." So I sang to her. (When an infant tells you to sing, you sing!)

"You are my sunshine. . . my only sunshine. . .you make me happy when skies are gray. . . ."

And, as the words came pouring out, my front door opened. In walked Beth


Melinda (the baby's mother)


Jenni


Katherine


Mary


Hannah


Emily


Now, there are more family members in their "clan," including Tony (Beth's husband), Earl (Melinda's husband), Sarah, Joel, and a host of other kiddos and family members that have become so dear to my heart. But last night, the girls -- even one that hasn't yet drawn a breath -- walked into my dreams, and into my living room.

As soon as I realized what was going on, I woke up. In fact, I think I had actually kicked off the covers at that point. Maybe I was trying to go out to the living room--to see if it was real? Regardless, I woke up -- and almost burst into tears because I wanted to go back to sleep and finish out the dream.

But, alas, it was not to be. I went back to sleep--no more dreams.

When I awoke I thought about my blessings. I am thankful for my friends and family. Grateful for food on our table, blankets on our beds, and a roof over our heads. I'm grateful for two kids that continually make me laugh (or grimace--depending on the day), and a husband that loves me in spite of myself.

I'm grateful for a Savior who loves me and forgives me on a continual basis. I'm grateful for a church family that encourages me. I'm grateful for my neighbors who, although we haven't all met, smile and wave at me during my countless trips in and out of the subdivision. I'm grateful for reconnecting with old friends via social networking (Facebook) and for the little community of bloggers that have become friends and family to me.

My heart, my head, my dreams -- they're all full. Full to overflowing with blessings. And that, my friends, is my prayer for you. I pray that today (and every day) you will be blown away by the blessings that God has lavished on each one of us. He is so good.

Happy Thanksgiving!



And yes, Beth -- I woke up believing that God was telling me that you'll be here to see your grandbabies. I remember you prayed that prayer for me -- fully believing God was going to be faithful. I also think God was showing me how precious it will be to finally hug you in person -- and all those amazing daughters of yours!!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

aw Angie... i have so much to say... i am laughing right now because i am typing with dried bits of marinade on my fingers, so eager was i to comment here...i will need to remember to clean the keyboard, lol.I am anxious to meet that baby also... and the babies to follow. thank you , and thank God for His spirit who guides others to pray and dream for us.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Sitting here with tears in my eyes . . . thank you for your faith. Have a wonderful day, Angie!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

A seriously great post....nice, very very nice.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

can't wait for the day that dream comes true, angie!!

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such blessings make me smile...

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Judy @ daily yarns said...

What a beautiful post Angie. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are still eating and visiting over here.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Angie,
You have lovely dreams and beautiful thoughts! Thanks for sharing!!

Not me! Last night I dreamed I was dating this 'pond scum' from the TV show Prison Break named 'Teabag'.

Oh well...
Happy December 1st!
Joni

11:53 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Do you know what I named her?? haha

Can't wait for this to come true - believing He is able to do more than we could ask, think or imagine (dream)!!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home