This is My "Real" Blog: Hello?!?! Hello?!?! Is this thing on?


Angie's Blog!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Hello?!?! Hello?!?! Is this thing on?

Wouldn't you know it?? Just when we have perfect blog fodder. . . new furniture arriving at the new house. . . .our internet connection died.

I mean dead. Buried in the ground (so to speak) dead. Not coming back without intervention from the "cable guy" dead.

Harrumph.

I don't think Mark or I realized how dependent we are on our computer, or the internet, until it was so rudely taken away from us.

He is at home now (9:15 a.m. - Monday morning) waiting for the aforementioned cable guy to arrive and fix the problem. Oh, the problem will be fixed. . . . .something about "Mama not being happy, or something. . .?"

In other news, we did have two pieces of furniture delivered on Saturday. The new entertainment center is HUGE. I worried about the ceiling fan in the living room, but the delivery guys did a great job. The new computer desk came on the same truck. It is so nice--being able to "tuck" away the TV and computer.

In another week or so, the new kitchen table and chairs should arrive. That's right. We will now be able to seat 8-10 people around our kitchen table at once. Of course, it will take us a while to get to the point where I'm cooking for that many, but I think it will come back to me! I'm very excited. This will also be a kickin' craft table for those times when I want to have 4-5 friends over, and we want to scrapbook. It's coming, ladies. It's coming!!

So, no pictures. I'm blogging from the office. Shhhhhh!

Hopefully. . . tonight. . . .when the internet connection has long since been restored, I'll be able to post some pics from the weekend. There are a few fun ones.

Oh, and the pig? No clue. He hasn't been seen again. I don't miss him. He really did freak me out. But, in honor of his appearing and disappearing, we'll be having pork roast very soon! : )
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

and to think i thought you were recsting on your pig laurels... glad to have you back

9:58 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I am so happy for you that you have new furniture arriving. That's always such fun! Be sure to take photos and share with us so we can be happy with you!

Sorry about the computer. But, this too shall pass and you'll be up and running.

Poor piggie... I hope someone took him to a farm. Maybe he was someone's pet??
Hugs,
Joni

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just another HAM moving into your
neighborhood.

Stan

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

The Internet connection is back up. Let's just say that I swapped the power bricks for the router and the cable modem. The modem wasn't getting enough juice and the router was getting too much. Not enough variance to hurt them, but enough to not make them want to work correctly. Doh! Just another frustrating item in my life.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

. . .and we'll see if this kills the thread, like you always predict it will!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Nope.

And Joni - I think the pig is near and dear to someone's heart - but probably closer to their belly, now.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

LOL to the pork roast. So right about the internet reliance...scary! Yey for new furniture....looking forward to pics

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home