This is My "Real" Blog: The Promise of a New Day


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Promise of a New Day

No more sorrow.

There will be days that are a bit "cloudy" but for now, I'm rejoicing because of victory.

The promise of today was the fact that I had super-planned it down to the minute. You see, I love when an intricate plan comes together. . .and I'm willing to laugh when those plans fall apart all around you in a matter of minutes.

I was going to take Caroline to Parent's Day Out, with Edison in tow. We were going to visit his school, and pick up the necessary textbooks for the homework he's been given. (He also wanted to visit his friends) Then, I was going to attend a staff meeting at church this morning, again with Edison tagging along. (He was going to do homework in my office) After my meeting, we were going to pop by the grocery store and pick up bread, milk, Pull-ups, and some more raspberry sherbet (it's really good). Then, Edison and I were going to come home and enjoy a quiet morning and early afternoon. I even got up and ironed a "real" shirt and had put on khakis--I was looking good.

HOWEVER. . .

Edison woke up with sore ears, and an achy jaw and throat. We were told to expect Days #3 & #7 to be bad days. Day #3 (Saturday) was a bad day for Edison.

This is Day #7.

So. . .

  • Mark took Caroline to Parent's Day Out
  • Mark took the garbage to the dump.
  • Mark went to work.
  • I called into work, and excused myself from my meeting.
  • Edison is still in his pajamas.
  • Edison has taken a dose of pain medicine.
  • I'm going to change out of my "work clothes" and put on my sweats.
  • We're going to enjoy the quiet morning. . . all morning long.

And yes, I still need to go to the grocery store. Edison's textbooks still need to be picked up.
But for now, I have a son who still needs his mom. I'm kinda cool with that today.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

There's always something, isn't there! Poor little lad. Hope he's better soon. ;-)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Children need there moms no matter how old they are. I've heard the injured soldiers cry for their mothers (that tears me up). The effect we have on their little lives.

Have a cozy day at home!
Hugs,
Joni

12:30 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Flexibility is the key. Also, "other duties as assigned".

1:13 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad to hear you are in a good space. It's nice to know our boys still need us.

8:50 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

makes me grin, and i sent him a get well goodie today, i was thinking oh he is all better wont want this.... all of you continue to stay in my prayers

11:26 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

are there any other expected bad days... or are we in the clear now, or rather all on th upswing?

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home