This is My "Real" Blog: Bit by Bit. . .Little by Little


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bit by Bit. . .Little by Little

As I type this morning, Caroline is watching "The Wiggles" and they're singing the song, "Bit by Bit." I love that song. I don't know if I like it so much because it is reminiscent of the songs of my youth, or just the message that it conveys.

"Bit by bit. . .little by little
Block by block we're building it up
We're constructing a TV set
And you can help us build it, too."

Of course, now they're singing the "Vegetable Soup" song. So, the mood is gone. Sigh.

I guess I love that imagery. . .bit by bit. . .little by little. Most change in our lives happens in small chunks -- but over time, those little bits add up to some big change. I have really lost my vigor in losing weight. I've tried, but sadly I have let the demands of my life (family, work, civic responsibilities, etc.) take over. When I get overworked or overstressed, I reach for food.

I'm ready for things to settle down enough to get back on track. So, maybe after tomorrow (D-Day) I'll be able to pull myself back together.

That's right--24 hours from now, I'll be on Market Square, helping get ready for the Buddy Walk. I am very excited about the prospect. I think it's going to be a great year. The weather is supposed to be excellent - high in the upper 70s. You can't ask for better.

Please, pray for us. Pray for strength, endurance, patience, and long-suffering.

You might also stick a little prayer in there for Edison. He experienced his first "Lock-In" at the church last night. We dropped him off at 6 p.m., and picked him up at 9 a.m. this morning. In that 15-hour stretch. . .no sleep. He gave me a quick synopsis of the night/morning and all the fun they had. Then, he got in bed. It's been absolutely still since then!

Have a great Saturday! I hope you'll have a chance to enjoy the beauty of creation--and get a chance to rest a bit. There's a NASCAR race on tonight, so I'm especially excited. I hated the idea of missing the race tomorrow because of the Buddy Walk. (*But, I would have done it without complaining) My favorite - Jeff Burton - won the Busch race last night. That was fun to watch.

Oh, and I tried a new show that I think I could really like. It's on ABC . . .called "Women's Murder Club" and is based on some of James Patterson's characters. I liked the first episode. There's also a new show coming, "Samantha Who" with Christina Appelgate. . .it looks funny. I'll keep you posted. . .I know you're on the edge of your computer chairs!

Happy Saturday!!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I hope you have a great walk!!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i really enjoyed the womens murder club books. I was sorry i had missed the first episode. We went to MN and mailed you something today, and then we went to the little pharmacy there to pick up some things and they were giving away little name patches for free...and most tos the names were gone already but there was a "caroline" so that will go out in next ,ailing...heehee

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Have a great day - looking forward to some fabulous pictures! Will be thinking of you (I guess in our afternoon!) xx

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally get the bit by bit theme... have a great walk, take a little grace on the weight, because Anne of Green Gables says tomorrow is a fresh day...and we all love that :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Yey for the Wiggles...you are certainly doing it "bit by bit" and doing a marvellous job Angie. Cannot wait to hear how it all goes. Exciting times...enjoy!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home