This is My "Real" Blog: She's Got Her a Man!


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

She's Got Her a Man!


Meet my daughter's boyfriend. Okay, well, he's not her boyfriend, so to speak. But, he has affected her heart more than anyone else has. This is Dr. Jeffory Jennings, Caroline's cardiologist.
We went for our bi-annual visit this morning--all of us getting up earlier than usual. Fighting traffic, and slightly wet roads, we eventually made it to his office.
When we arrived, we had to fill out the obligatory paperwork (four pages) because we moved 800 yards. That's right--we can almost see our old house from the roof of the new house. (No, I haven't checked -- but if I got up there, I strongly suspect you could see our old house.)
Anyway, four pages later, they had our new address and phone number.
After doing an EKG and getting a read on her pacemaker, he let us know that he didn't see any need for us to come back until next October. This is big, people. This is very, very big!
Before we left, I pulled out the camera, and both he and Caroline obliged me for a new picture for the scrapbooks. I may even do some digital scrapping with this one.
So, there you go. . . she's really doing quite well. In fact, while getting the reading from the pacemaker, we started reciting "names" which is one of her favorite things to do. By the time we had worked our way through our immediate family, the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, Dr. Jennings stopped us. "Where did you learn all those names, Caroline? You really are an amaing little girl!"
Yeah, I was blinking away a couple of tears, but he's right. She's an amazing little girl. As Billy Joel puts it, "She's got a way about her. . .I don't know what it is, but I know that I can't live without her. . ."
Oh. . .and tomorrow is the big day! That's right, in just over 18 hours, we are set to close on our old house....and become the owners of just one home. It's been kind of stressful -- being "land barons" of two "estates," so we're ready to just own one. (Did I say "own?" Because really, I should say "OWE" instead!)
God has been extremely good to us this past year. Dr. Jennings' wife, Marianne, is his nurse. She and I encountered each other one night in the ER. She was there with her mother, I was there with my kidney stone. This morning, Marianne said to me, "So, the last time, we just saw Mark. . . you were having surgery or something?" [Mark popped in for a visit once, while I was having a post-op visit with Dr. Personality.]
Then she said, "You really did have a wild summer. Any more surgeries on the horizon?" Of course, I said no - and then remembered that Edison is having his tonsils & adenoids removed in two weeks.
You gotta love Blue Cross Blue Shield. No, really, you have to. I do.
Have a great Thursday!
p.s. The quilt is nearly assembled. One more row - and it's done. I will post pictures as soon as it's together.
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Oh wow Angie....what a good feel blog! CONGRATULATIONS! Great news on so many fronts! ie. Princess, house....quilt everything! Can't wait to see that photo in a LO! It's a great shot. Cheers!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Cool - congrats on the good news. And on the other good news. And for the other good news (no major surgeries planned for three quarters of your family).

7:02 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

my head hurts so bad but i came to computer and this post made me so happy... she is a dolly...

7:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOO-HOO, Caroline!!! Great news - you are an amazing little girl.
But here's the thing. That "boyfriend" thing is completely unacceptable. Because you have already been promised to one Henry "The Squash" and Homey don't play dat. Yeah, that guy might be a great cardiologist & all, but can he sleep with his toes tickling his ears? Can he spin in concentric circles at the speed of light? Can he wear down his mother's stamina by repeating the word "car" ad nauseum?? I thought not. Set not your sights on things below you, o Caroline. For Henry is The Mighty Squish.

:hee:

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome, Angie! I was misty with the Billy Joel reference...God is good.

2:48 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Look at that kid! LOOK AT THAT KID! She is just so precious, I don't know how you don't just hug and kiss her all the time.

The doctor? Cute, but less so.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home