This is My "Real" Blog: Links to Click


Angie's Blog!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Links to Click

As if you don't have enough things to do in a day. I'm gonna give you more.

First of all, please go visit our DSAG website--DSAG stands for the Down Syndrome Awareness Group of East Tennessee. Mark and I are currently serving on the board of directors. He's the president. I guess that makes me the first lady, eh? Trust me, I'm much more like Laura than Hillary, so we're good.

Mark has created the site--I'm very proud of it, and of him. On its pages, you'll see some of our wonderful friends. What a blessing to be surrounded and uplifted by so many wonderful people.

As I think I've told you - or most of you - we are participating in the Knoxville area Buddy Walk on Sunday, October 14. Our side (dsagtn.org) has a link to the national Buddy Walk, as well as information about our Buddy Walk. If you go to the national Buddy Walk site, there is a spot where you can click to see the NYC Times Square video from 2006. If you watch it, you only have to wait about 60 seconds, and you'll see Caroline. Seeing as the 2007 walk was yesterday, it won't be long before they replace the 2006 video with the 2007 video. HURRY!!

Okay, I just watched it again, and I can't help but cry. Please go see it, if you can!

If you are interested and/or willing to support Caroline, as she walks this year, there is a button for "justgive.org" where you can support the Knoxville Buddy Walk, and Caroline. (You just have to be sure and specify that it's for "Caroline Aubrey") Thanks.

Then, you have to go to the National Down Syndrome site. NDSS is our "mother ship" as it were. At that site, with some navigating, you can read about research that's being done. You can also read about accomplishments by some of the most outstanding kids and adults in the world. I guess I am a bit biased. Sue me.

Another place to "hang" would be my buddy Beth's blog. She has an amazing family--I swear there are 45 of them in all. (Actually, I think it's closer to 10, but still. . .) They are an active, loving, supportive family--unfortunately for me, they live up in Canada. And, the chances of us getting together anytime soon are pretty slim. Beth's daughter, Jenni shares that 21st extra chromosome with Caroline. Jenni is Caroline's "adopted aunt" which makes Beth her "adopted GREAT aunt." The outpouring of love that we have received from the Cain family just blows me away. One of these days, I'm going up there for my HUGE hug in person. Until then, we just send love and prayers and hugs over the internet "waves."

Beth has created a page about Caroline--part of the goal is to raise money for the Buddy Walk--but the other is to give Caroline a place to "visit" on the net. It's also a place where Caroline's story can be told. One of the things that I know to be true is that God created Caroline for a reason. He had big plans for her life, and as much as we are able, Mark and I are committed to carry out those plans while we can.

Stop by Caroline's page. . .browse around a bit. I think you'll see that not only is Beth one creative friend. . .but she has fallen head-0ver-heels with my daughter. And, the feeling is totally mutual!!

Allright, enough typing. It's time for some more serious seam-ripping! If this quilt goes together as easily as I think it will. . . history be darned. . . .I may just be able to get a few more made by Christmas. No promises. Just some hope!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

As usual, beautifully written!! I will have to check out those sites but my internet is down at home so I am 'sneaking' a peak from work! We will have to talk soon in more detail. If you get a chance, stop at my blog and look for my entry about Matthew! He is one remarkable little boy. But boy, oh, boy do I have ???? for you!!

Blessings,

11:16 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Angie,
I clicked on the links... and they made it soooo easy to donate to 'The Buddy Walk' in Caroline's name. So, thank you for the info. I encourage other readers to check the links too... make this a great year in the name of Caroline Aubrey.
Love to your family!
Joni

2:24 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i suppose if quilts dont make themselvecs there, then part 2 of stories dont write themselves either? j/k... cannot resist more witty repartee

4:24 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

What a great array of links and stories! Thanks for sharing Angie! Best wishes from the other side of the world that all goes well!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Note to self - apparently history has a hole in it, and must be repaired. Well, must be darned, to be accurate.

Check with Angie to see how she noticed the hole when everybody else missed it.

PS, not to self: great post!

6:29 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

jennis comment is up, but the really big surprise from her is still coming... hmmmm, we could have made JEnni a cousin, so long as we are passing oudt honorary titles... :)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home