This is My "Real" Blog: 48 Hours - EDITED!!!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, October 12, 2007

48 Hours - EDITED!!!

. . .and no, I'm not referencing the news show. . . or the Eddie Murphy movie(s). I just looked at the clock on the lower RH corner of the screen, and realized that in 48 hours, we'll be cranking up the Buddy Walk.

I will be glad when it's over. And I say that, fully acknowledging that I am *not* one of the coordinators of this year's walk. I am, however, pretty well entrenched in it. Case in point: the errands that I have intended to run all day today (since 9 a.m.) have not happened. They won't happen. I even ordered something online to prevent having to go shopping.

It's.that.bad.

This has been an especially stressful week in the other arenas of my life. Things at work (church) were somewhat distressed earlier in the week. Feelings and relationships have been restored, but it's never easy when there is conflict. It's amazing how much that can invade your entire life--even when you try and "leave it at the office."

Edison is beginning to get nervous about his surgery next week. I have to admit, I'm going to get nervous as it gets closer. But right now, there are so many other things demanding my time and attention, I can't allow myself to think about it just yet.

In other (more happy) news, I am pleased to transcribe a letter that went out to the other parents of children at Caroline's Mother's Day Out program. The entire program is collecting dimes for Caroline--"Dimes for Down Syndrome" to support her in the Buddy Walk. This letter came from the director. I guess, in sharing it, I hope to show you the impact that one little life can make on others' lives. I'm obviously very proud of this little girl--and look forward to what she will accomplish on this earth. I think we're getting an inkling here. . . .

"Dear Parents,

Many of you may know a special little girl we affectionately call "Baby Caroline" in Ms. Lyndsey's room. She is a bubbly, loving, and downright cute little girl who also happens to have Down Syndrome. Her parents, Angie and Mark Aubrey, are very involved in the Down Syndrome Awareness Group of East Tennessee. This group is in charge of the "Buddy Walk" held each year in the fall to raise funds for their organization. Last year, Caroline had a team of 132 people walking in her honor, and raised over $4,000! This year we would like to help her exceed this amount. The Parent's Day Out Program will be sponsoring a "Dimes for Down Syndrome" drive. This will involve collecting your dimes (at home) from October 1st - October 12th. We will then bring them in for collection to PDO on Friday, October 12. This is a small way to make a huge impact on the lives of families affected by Down sydrome. Please take the time to support "Baby Caroline" by hanging onto your pocket change and donating your dimes. Thank you all so much for being so loving and caring to one of our precious children! Be sure to check out the Buddy Walk flyer on the calendar in the hall -- Caroline is the little superstar featured this year!

Blessings. . . "

And, it's signed by the director. The cool part? Not only did Ms. Erin send this letter to all the PDO families, she also created a bulletin insert for their entire Church and asked their church to support Caroline as well. (And that has worked, too!)

Yeah, I got a little "verklempt" as I typed that. I mean, I love this girl to the moon and back -- but it's so awesome to see one of her little communities rally around her -- and love her just as much.

When you think you can't make a difference because you're not a good speaker, or you're too shy, or you can't write letters, or you think you aren't pretty (handsome) enough to make an impact. . . remember that every one of us can make a difference. It may be a drop in the huge bucket of humanity--but it's one more drop than they had before you got brave!

Now, I've got to get over to PDO and pick up the dimes! Actually, I just called them -- and they're having them counted and changed into REAL money before I get there. Phew!

Edited. . .to add: I just got back from her school. They collected $176 for the Buddy Walk. This is amazing, everyone! When I got there, Miss Susan's class (preschool age) wanted "Baby Caroline" to come for a visit. We took her in there, and as I thanked these precious children, of course, I cried. God is so good!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

oh yes so totally cool,,, love this love this.... uh i added a postscript on my blog a video i saw on another site... you have to see it ....i hope we get a second to chat later

1:26 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well i will probably share this on my blog this month, but you write about amking a difference..i adminstered a traveling soup kitchen for these ravaged homeless people in rural south florida, dying from AIDS and everything else... literally under the brush , and in deserted buildings... but Jenni came along every WEd and Sunday, helped serve food, cleaned up, helped cook... we can all make a difference

3:08 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

What a lovely, heartwarming blog. I hope that you break all records this year at the Buddy Walk. I'll be praying for you all.

Say a prayer for Boyd. He's been admitted to the hospital for a few days of IV antibiotics... terrible infection in his foot and leg. That is so scary when you're diabetic like he is. I just ran home to get him some things he wanted.

God Bless,
Joni

3:31 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

WOW...there is a lot happening in that household of yours Angie. Good luck and best wishes for everybody :) (((HUGS)))

12:17 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i am praying all day....

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Fantastic! Loving the love! xx

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home