This is My "Real" Blog: FINISHED!! [updated]


Angie's Blog!

Friday, October 05, 2007

FINISHED!! [updated]

First off. . . this is probably my favorite picture of all today. . .





Do I need to say any more? Of course, I could bemoan the fact that it's October 5th, and my children are wearing shorts. . . .and sweating profusely. But, I'll be quiet. Today, it is all good.

Papers are signed. Checks have been written. . .and deposited. No furniture has been purchased - yet - but there's time. Tonight, while feasting on tacos, we sighed at the completion of the day.


Then, there's this. . . .


One of the major steps in a rag quilt is clipping the seams that have been sewn - all turned out. After clipping, you wash the quilt in your washing machine. This is the quilt just before it took a dip in the Maytag.


After it comes out, you have this (above) which is scrunchier, more raggedy, and much softer. Of course, you have to clean your lint trap on the dryer about sixteen times. . .and don't get me started at the frayed strings all over my living room.

But, this is what you see as you snuggle up to it. . .

And it's warm, and soft, and smells like Downy. It literally couldn't get much better than this!

And. . .a small note of clarity. . . THIS is my creation. The one from the other day was a random one I found through Google.

I like this one better. Please say you do, too.


Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

hmmm, i wouldnt mind snuggling up to it.... are we ahppy or what???? you only own one houces now... yay! so now oyeu have time to do you know what..... *smiles*

7:40 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH for sure my friend....love this one, 'cause it's made with love. Now if you can only have the snuggly weather to sit under it! Send your sunshine our way will you! As for that top photo....its wonderful....I can see the scrap page now. Congratulations......enjoy your weekend my friend.

8:46 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I don't know which picture made me smile more. The SOLD one is lovely (and so are the kids) but the quilt makes me giddy. I would so love to be able to do that.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Congrats on closing on your old house... now life moves forward. The photo is darling!

The lovely quilt is so cozy looking. I think it would be great for our Wisconsin winters. Thanks for the tutorial over the phone. I might give it a try after Christmas things are all completed (on 12/24).

The photo of Caroline with her doctor is so sweet. It would be adorable framed in her room... 'Caroline's Friends'.
Love,
Joni

4:03 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Congrats on the selling of your house! ;) And that quilt is just gorgeous...wow! Wish I had the patience for quilting!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home