This is My "Real" Blog: Can't Believe I Didn't Mention


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Can't Believe I Didn't Mention

. . . that you are welcome to show up at the Knoxville Buddy Walk.

1-4 p.m. - Market Square, Downtown Knoxville
The walk itself begins at 2:30 - and it is more of a symbolic walk -- we're not doing a 5K or anything!

Activities include:

  • Dance performance by the Sunshine Ambassadors - a local dance troupe made up entirely of children and teenagers with Down syndrome.
  • Our guest emcee is Bill Williams, former co-anchor of the Channel 10 News (WBIR).
  • Kids' Fun Zone. . . .face-painting, crafts, popcorn, cotton candy.
  • Silent Auction. . . . including a HUGE basket of scrapbooking supplies (I helped with that one).

. . . and of course, the chance to hob-nob with Caroline.

Who could ask for anything more?
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Well, since you're asking so nicely . . .

1:53 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

And I'd love to participate in the face painting - except that I don't want to deprive somebody else of the pleasure.

2:51 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hob-nobbing with caroline.... ohhhhhh i wish i could, and no i havenot blogged yet... but you could go to katherins blog and find something interesting

4:17 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I am there in spirit my friend....give the Princess a big hug from her kindred downunder Princess buddy!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Have a great day you guys...

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jeannette said...

I'd love to hobnob with her highness...if only there wasn't hundreds of miles between us. :-( Hm, and about that beach...:-)

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only we lived closer...

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Me too - I am so there! Except it's in my dreams. Wish we could all be - I can just see Lexie and Caroline having a little hug, and then walking off! It'd be great. You know we'll be thinking of you! xx
P.S I'm MORE than shocked that you like FOTC - the language my dear!! hehe xx

8:35 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i have blogged, there is an update to caroline's site and i think yoeu might like what i posted at DST

11:00 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

That would be fun to be there and walk with and for Caroline. Maybe next year if I plan ahead. I wish you beautiful weather and a huge response. I didn't send a contribution to you because I sent it in Caroline's name to a DS link. I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten.
Love,
Joni

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home