This is My "Real" Blog: I Believe He'd Like a Bell. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Friday, October 19, 2007

I Believe He'd Like a Bell. . . .

. . .but that's NOT gonna happen. Last week, Edison suggested that we get him a bell that he could ring after his surgery. You know, in case he needed us, and we weren't immediately at his side. Yeah. . . that sounds like me, doesn't it?

Then, on Monday, he asked me to go to the store and get him an individual-sized whiteboard. You know, with the (expensive) dry erase markers. So that he could write notes to us when he needed something. I reminded him of this amazing invention

called

paper.

Suddenly, he's Al Gore, III (without the DUI) because he claims to be a tree-hugger, and wanted the whiteboard.

I reminded him that I am a republican.
Republicans use paper.
Oh my gravy.

This is testing my "God-given quotient of mommy-sympathy." Of course, all this time, I find myself running interference when Caroline goes into his room. She wants to make sure that he's covered with a sheet AND comforter, and that those two (sheet & comforter) are wrinkle-free.

There's just a bit of OCD in these precious ones with an extra #21. I plan to make it part of her lifepath, by harnessing that tendency for good, not evil. But for now, it's cracking us up. Unless, of course, we're trying to get her to eat a cup of Jell-O pudding, and the whole lid didn't peel off, and she just CANNOTEATTHATPUDDINGUNTILTHELABELISCOMPLETELYREMOVED!!

Yeah, I'm living the dream these days. Between my wannabe bell-ringer and my comforter-straigntening daughter. . . this is a dream, baby!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SNORT. I can see it now...I'm a fly on the wall at the Aubrey house... :-).

They are funny, even in their need-to-be-taken-care-of-right-now stage, heh.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

And as soon as you figure out how to play the two of them against each other (or play them together in their strengths), the world will be a different place. Good luck, seriously.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

What a hoot! A bell and a dry erase board. That's actually really cute! Caroline's maid service is also very cute. Just sit back mom, and this shall pass. At least Edison isn't dating or driving yet.
Joni

1:57 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Get the lad a bell...

He only gets those bad boys out once...

9:55 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OMGOSH! I am ROFL!!!!!! I love how you turned it into a political debate/lesson? LOL! Aaahhh this too shall pass my friend....go scrap it! :)

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home