This is My "Real" Blog: Bloggin' on the Job


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bloggin' on the Job

That's right. I'm sitting at my desk. I should be working. Tonight's song service isn't going to plan itself, now, is it?

But, I couldn't help but comment on the fact that I enjoy this "finetune" thing (music player) on my blog oh, so much!

This morning, I was greeted by "Aubrey" by Bread. I love that song. That was followed by my all-time favorite AM radio song, "Hello, It's Me" by Todd Rundgren. I'm serious. This song takes me back to spring and summer days when all I had was a little transistor radio. I just love that song!

Then, it was "Ventura Highway." You can seriously do some harmonies (if your office door is closed) to that song. . ."Alligator lizards in the air. . . in the air. . ." Then it went to Boz Scaggs' "Heart of Mine" which I've blogged about before. I think I'm sentimental over that song because I played it over and over and over after a breakup in college. He also has a unique voice, and there's just something about that song.

Just before I switched over to blog this, Steely Dan's "Josie" had begun. Of course, I navigated away from that window to write this, so I'm not sure what will be there when I go back. But, it's such a cool thing to have my favorite songs playing - - in random order - - and not have to deal with obnoxious "Williams Door Company" commercials every five minutes.

Wait a minute. . . I want an mp3 player. A good one.

Mark. . . . are you reading?
I think I just answered your question from this morning!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

You were doing fine until you wrote about the Heart of Mine breakup song.

Was that the guy that went on to become an astrophysicist? Or the Nobel Prize winning author? I forgot. :)

So, you want the 40GB super Nanoblaster with hydroshock transitional thurbligs and the over amped micro-resistitators. I just saw one at BestBuy.

But, they said that only big-hair glam rock could be loaded on it. No problem. Don Moen's got big hair.

Mark
....

11:51 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Oh, Angie, don't do it. Getting an MP3 player is like choosing to get addicted to audio crack.

At first you'll just rip your own albums. Then you'll want to buy some digital downloads. Before you know it, you'll be dropping words like "iTunes" into your conversation without even realizing it. You'll be hooked, and it will be too late.

Oh, and ask your favorite geek (who posted first) about getting FireFox, which can have multiple windows open. You'll never have to close down finetune again. Think of it as methadone - you're still hooked, but not on the strong stuff.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Hey gal,
Check my sit for an AWARD and a TAG!!
Congrats...
Joni
Too tired to write more... maybe later.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

You are such a dag! (And that is a good thing!) Have a great night Angie :)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home