This is My "Real" Blog: Tired. . .EDITED!!


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tired. . .EDITED!!

doesn't even come close. But, it was a great day!! Mark is still downtown, packing up the stuff from the walk. He has the camera. When it comes home with him, I will try to describe our day in pictures.

Our local news was there--and Caroline not only looked into the camera---she tried to hug it. (seriously) So, she might get news coverage -- the up close and personal kind. I reek of hot dog liquid smell. . . and a little sweat. . . and just a hint of Lysol disinfecting wipes. So, I'm going to go clean up, and wait for Grandma & Grandpa to bring Little Miss Celebrity home to us.

Until later, I leave you with a HUGE debt of gratitude for your love and support and good wishes for this year's walk. It was a day and a half!

Edited. . .to add this exciting stuff:

Caroline indeed *was* on TV tonight. Here's the link to our local NBC affiliate's website. I believe the link takes you directly to the video. Not only do you see Caroline about 2/3 of the way through, but one of our dearest friends' son, Sam, is the cute 4-year old waving during the walk. [He has on a Caroline "bib" on his shirt!] Oh, and you wanted pictures? Okay. . .here you go. . .
At first, we thought that we forgot Caroline's "walking" shoes, so she paraded around in her dressy shoes. (Daddy had them in his bag)

I don't know what someone (Mom) had said to me to cause this reaction. Maybe that there was a news crew around the corner. Regardless, you get this crazy face from me.



This is "Caroline's Crew" (minus a handful of people who came later). We had 124 walkers, by the most recent count. And, Marsha (our team leader) turned in over $3,000 today. Mark and I have not yet turned in our collection, so Caroline's Crew will raise well over $4,000 again this year. Thanks so much! Here are a few more pics:


Again, with the faces. I *know* Caroline wasn't thrilled with RM - even when we tried to tell her that he is the source of all things "Chicken & Fry Fry." Didn't help. But, my reaction is probably scarier to her than seeing the big man in Red & Yellow.


Oh, did I fail to mention. . .? Uncle Steve & Aunt Bettie "dropped in" on their way back to Ohio. That was, for me, the highlight of the day. Totally cool.

This little guy - emphasis on the word "little" was introduced as the youngest attendee with Down syndrome. He's two weeks old.

Mind you, when Caroline was 2 weeks old, I could barely walk -- much less appear in public. But, I'm proud of him--and his mommy--for getting involved and charged up at such an early age. We also met a mom and baby (4 weeks old). She said that the hospital gave her *no* information about Down syndrome--but she heard about our walk. With tears in my eyes, I turned to walk away from her (concession stand business) with my hand on her arm and said, "You are NOT alone. We are here for you."

Such courage. Such excitement. Such promise. My heart is full, and my back is sunburned. Thanks for walking this journey with us. (yeah, there will be more pictures. . .I promise!)

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

well done...

5:14 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

thanks for sharing!!

Looks like y'all had a great day...

D

11:22 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Glad you had such a great day! I'm sorry beyond words that you and your colleagues aren't here (physically) for me, but glad to the same degree that you ARE there for so many other mums. Happy faces here! :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i cant stop crying, "hearing" you, seeing her precious self and her loving brother... now i willread rest of your post, and watch the rest of the video clip. (i stopped after i saw her) blew me away was not prepared for how much love is in my heart for you and your family

9:12 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH excellent Angie.....thank you for posting so soon. It all looks and sounds wonderful .... can't wait to see more. From so far away this event has really touched my heart. Love to you and yours my friend.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

I didn't mean to ignore your wonderful success... congrats! The photos are great and the NBC news was fun to watch. What a great event!!! Goooooo Caroline!

I've been at the hospital a lot... and am just now reading blogs. I was in and out today as I had errands to run and did a bit of shopping to make the house look festive for Boyd's return home tomorrow afternoon... he's been in the hospital since Friday. They're going to put a cast on his leg on Wednesday.
Joni

10:06 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

What a wonderful event and fun day for you all! Love the picture of you and that face..lol! :)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home