This is My "Real" Blog: It Wouldn't Be So Bad. . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, October 22, 2007

It Wouldn't Be So Bad. . .

. . . but yesterday morning, our youth led the worship services. They did a good job. Really, they did.

But, the morning started out so "crappily" as Tim, our youth minister, gave a challenge by pulling the pocket change from his pants pocket. He pointed out the intricate designs of some of the state quarters. Then, he mentioned a nickel that he found. It was minted in 1964. As he spoke, he mentioned the fact that he was born in 1982, so something minted in '64 seems kind of old to him. He repeatedly emphasized that this particular nickel had been around for 43 years.

What had it accomplished in 43 years?
43 years is really a long time--or short, depending on your age.

Yeah, I was born in 1964. What do you want to make of it?

And, all that wouldn't be so bad. . .but today I had to go to Walgreen's. I could have pretended that the only reason I was going to Wally's place was that I was picking up some Burt's Bees hand salve for Mark. But, that wouldn't be completely accurate.

I was buying glasses. Reading glasses.

That's right. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to thread needles.

I.am.old.

Check your pockets--the proof is right in there!
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 48 and have some very cool reading glasses...

I'm at the point where I have to either get bifocal contact lenses or consistently use reading glasses (I keep several pair around).

Don't panic! You're still as young as you let yourself be!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

At least you aren't trimming the hair from your ears on a daily basis. What's with the hair migration from the top of my head to my ears???

7:29 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Angie, it is a well known scientifical fact that anyone born in 1982 is a CHILD and therefore not allowed out without a parent, never mind leading a religious service!! Make him go to his room at once! (I was born in 1962, and I have varifocals, so I know all this is true!!). Take no notice! We remember Helen Reddy - we are strong, we are woman, we are...fine, and a bit tired!! xx

3:31 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Oh, Baby... I've been wearing glasses for a looooong time and I'll be 64 in November. I don't look it... but lately I feel it. It seems as though I have some doctor appointment several times a week. You, my dear are just a few years older than my oldest daughter.
Joni
PS Doll actually got mailed today!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Yeah, I went through that about a year and a half ago (which, coincidentally, is about how much older than you I am) when I realized I could no longer read the writing on the wall (literally!).

At Costco, you can get 3-packs of reading glasses. I have picked up 2 of these, and now have glasses sprinkled all over my living spaces, including keeping one pair in the car and one at work, while the rest occupy spots around the house.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Been there, done that. Bought the reading glasses off eBay (to complement the professional pair I've had for just about a month now).

And what's with this 43 thing? I thought for sure that you were 39 . . .

PS: Thanks for posting. I was almost certain that Edison had gotten ahold of a bell.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I bought a fancy gold chain for the reading glasses. It lasted less than a minute.

Monovision. One contact is for reading, the other for distance since 1990.

9:49 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

baby i have reading glasses all over the house,car, I even leave them at people's houses so I can always have a pair.. I buy them at the dollar store...and i have all these typos when i comment without glasses, sad sad pathetic i am

10:09 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

You are not old Angie...thought some days we certainly feel it.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Oh, and Angie, you're not old until you have a grandchild who wears you out.

Now me? I'm old.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home