This is My "Real" Blog: All is Well


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All is Well

First of all. . . Mark's mom came through her surgery just fine today. They expect to begin physical therapy with her tomorrow. (knee replacement surgery)

I am really glad Mark and Edison are out there -- if for nothing else, than to give Papa (George) some comic relief when times get tough. Edison spilling hot cocoa all over his shirt while she was in surgery may just have provided some of that. . . .(come on Mark, you can smile about it now!)

Caroline's doing well in the PT department.....she had two successes today, and a "Mommy's an Idiot" event, as well. Let me explain:

We were walking out the door to go to church. Literally, we were standing in the garage -- so I suppose you could say we'd already walked out the door. [slight digression there]

She says, "Poops, Mommy." (Sorry, for you faint of heart readers).

I checked her (again, I apologize) and replied, "No, you're fine."

Of course, you know where this is headed. We got to church 7 minutes later, and her diaper was full (well, sorta). So, if I wouldn't have been in such a hurry -- we might have had our first opportunity for her to TELL ME before needing to go to the restroom.

Truth be told, that's the part I'm the most concerned about in this entire process. You see, she is very shy (at least at school and daycare) and "Glass-Half-Empty Mommy" is afraid that, even when we have the process mastered, she'll be too shy to say something to the teacher.

Or "Glass-Half-Full Mommy" says that maybe this will increase her self-confidence -- and she'll actually begin to be more verbal--and less shy.

I'll let you know which Mommy is correct.

She had one successful trip while Mom was with her today -- and then tonight, after her bath, we had another success. So, today has been a banner day. After she got her hands washed tonight, we called Mark to tell him. Then, we called "Great Auntie Beth" in Canada. She was very excited for both of us -- and our conversation after Caroline's great announcement was just what my little heart needed tonight.

So, there you have it. My day in seven paragraphs (or so). I actually thought of another topic to blog about on the way home from church -- but this really is what is taking over my life right now, so it only seemed fitting to keep you all updated on the entire family.

Mark and Edison just called -- they're at a "Village Inn" which, to my fellow mid-western friends is what we know as "Baker's Square" which was called "Poppin' Fresh" before they changed the name. It's a Denny's wannabe -- but they have the world's GREATEST PIES. I told Edison about it the other night, and when they found one this evening in Tucson, Mark decided it would be good to let Edison experience French Silk Pie for himself.

My son is becoming a man.

Other topic? Oh, I was going to blather about how much the smell of freshly cut grass -- especially when the wild onions are in abundance -- has that "Welcome Spring" smell to it. I was sniffing onions all the way home from church tonight. . . and it was heavenly.


Yeah......I think my instincts were good to write about family over mown grass.
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sniffing stuff? Just don't graduate to snorting stuff. That green around your nostrils is a dead give-away.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Well 3 cheers for Caroline and a "go back 3 spaces and do not pass GO" to her mom. The dear little soul is trying to tell you something very important to the praise-o-meter these days, and Mom was rushing. Just remember how much fabric you can buy with diaper money.
Hugs,
Joni

12:11 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

still grinning in Canada

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad the surgery went well.
I love the "Poops" story. I knew where that was heading, as I have done that before too. We do eventually catch on tho. (lol)
Oh I remember Poppin Fresh days...Yum!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i remember village inn!!! we USED to have some in florida but they kinda went downhill and fizzled out. ah, the oh-so-famous pies!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Me said...

So happy to hear the surgery went well. I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Caroline - this is for you! Way to go little lady!!

I also love the smell of fresh cut grass but we have had snow every day since Easter and we are supposed to get snow every day this week. I so want spring!!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy the surgery went well
HOORAY Caroline! You "Go" Girl!!

Are you kidding? Fresh cut grass is one of my favorite smells ever.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I miss French Silk Pie. Not 'cuz there's no Village Inns around here (in fact, there's one scheduled to go in just a coupla miles down the road), but now that I'm diabetic, I have to watch what I eat much more closely.

And Village Inn's French Silk Pie is about as close to being the Food of the Gods as you can get.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home