This is My "Real" Blog: Break -- of the "Spring" sort


Angie's Blog!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Break -- of the "Spring" sort

Well, it's official. It's Spring Break. It's just 9:23 a.m., and we're already watching the Wiggles. Oh, but let me add:

1) We forgot Caroline had a pacemaker call-in appointment this morning. WAKE UP!!!
2) Edison and Mark just left for 6 days in Arizona
3) Prior to walking out the door, Edison had a nosebleed.
4) I haven't taken a shower yet -- and the world's best "Caroline Wranglers" are gone.

So. . . Spring Break is already rocking.

Seriously, it should be an interesting week. I'm going to work from home a couple of days--and go into work on Wednesday.

My main task while they're gone? Well, there are two of them.

a) clean out closets and other "storage" places
b) potty train Caroline

Yep, I said it. I figured there wouldn't be another time when I'd have this much serious one-on-one time with her -- so we're going to start really trying to nail this toilet thing down. so to speak.

So prayers would be appreciated--both for my traveling boys, who are going to Tucson to be with Mark's mom and dad. Mary (my mother in law) is having knee replacement surgery on Wednesday. The boys are going to keep George company, see a baseball game, help George start blogging, eat some killer Chinese food, and enjoy some serious sunshine.

Please pray for them as they travel, and for Mary's surgery.

I would also request prayers on my behalf as I climb "Mt. Potty" I've climbed this mountain before -- and as I recall, it can be quite treacherous.

I'm hoping that Mark will post pictures of their trip on his blog. If so, I will certainly post links to them. Until then, I've got me an appointment with a potty chair. If you'll excuse me. . . .
Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

George blogging?!?!? yippeee... I am so excited... and I am alreadiy praying for Mary and the baby-bit's efforts or rather your efforts love you mucho

10:22 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Bless you, child.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- here's a suggestion that I used for children 4 and 5. I got this book out of the library that was called something like How to Potty Train in One Day. It worked! Basically you keep them in the kitchen the whole day giving them all kinds of foods (candy as rewards and salty stuff to keep them drinking) and beverages (sweet stuff that they don't usually get, but will keep them drinking). Since you have nothing else to do this week ...... Good luck! I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore -- but as you know, adolescence has it's own set of joys! Love ya!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

May the force be with you....enjoy your time with your girl. And grab a book cause there will be lots of time sitting on the floor reading whilst she sits on the potty! Hahaha!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the potty training. That is one job I don't miss.(lol)
I am saying a prayer for your Mother in law.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mt. Potty.... tee hee! I don't know why that made me laugh.

I was a difficult child to train... Mom said I could "add subtract, divide and multiply" when I finally got trained....And look how I turned out!

bwahahahahahahahaha!

Didn't mean to scare ya, hon! :-D)

Hugs to you, Caroline, and to MIL and her traveling TLC team...

6:32 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Get some lacy nylon panties and let her experience how good they feel on her skin. That worked for my girls.

Good luck with your little project... Mr Potty meets Caroline.
Hugs,
Joni

11:42 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Well I hope the Aubrey Boys don't get into too much trouble(you know like extra peppers on the nachos at the ball bark)
Enjoy your testosterone free zone for a few days. No worries, they'll be back peeing on the toilet seat soon...

Best of luck on your "training days"

D

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see now you have an appointment with a potty chair. Your next blog
down is "OVERFLOWING"....
Are you trying to start a movement?

Stan

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home