This is My "Real" Blog: Overflowing


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Overflowing

That's my word today. Just overflowing. What an awesome day. Great services at church. Great job by my choir and orchestra...and yes, though I did boast on how ready they were, we were still a bit nervous during first service. Second service rocked in a MAJOR way. I'm exhausted, but so very proud of my team!!

And, of course, with two kids in the house, and one being a little princess who TOTALLY got into Easter Eggs this year. . .my heart is overflowing in so many ways. Here are some pictures to go along with the stories. . .

Caroline's new Easter dress is, of course, sleeveless. It was cold -- so Grandma got her the white cardigan sweater to go with the sleeveless dress. You can't see her new socks, but they are GORGEOUS (thanks, Grandma!!). And the purse. . . well, let's just say that I *LOVE* the $1 section at Target. I was amazed that she carried it to church, but she did. I'm blown away at how much she is growing up!!




And, here we are. . . Sorry the dress (mine, silly) isn't more prominently featured in the picture. But, I love it -- and will be wearing it again soon. Maybe I'll pose for a picture at that time! :)

. . .and yes, sadly, Edison and I *are* standing on the floor of the worship center. He is officially taller than me. I knew it was coming. It just hit me today how much he's growing up. It also hit me how much I want to get back on Weight Watchers, and continue the good habits that I began about this time last year. I still can see a difference--but I want to see more. . .or less, depending on your perspective!!

When we got home, we searched for the easter eggs that I hid last night, after Caroline went to sleep. I have to say, it was fun hiding them. I don't remember hiding them for Edison when he was little. But, "helping" her "search" for them today was HILARIOUS!! Each one was this amazing, magical, mystical experience. And, of course, they HAD to be opened immediately. I've never seen a kid so excited by multiple occurrences of mini M & Ms, and Dora Snacks.

"Oh LOOK! More Dora Snacks!!!!" "Oh LOOK. . . .emmms."


Another part of my heart overflowed because I *finally* got to hold my new cousin (who's really like a nephew) Carson today. Since he was born lo, those many weeks ago, he was in the hospital, I got bronchitis, Caroline, Edison, AND Mark got sick. I got sick again. And, their family passed around sicknesses. So today, it was MY turn! Of course, I had to share him. . . .


And, share him I did!

After the charm of holding "Baby Carson" as we call him, wore off, Caroline and Kylie headed to Kylie's room to play. This was also a really neat thing. . .because it was a first time for Caroline to actually go *play* with Kylie. Usually, Caroline retreats to the bookshelf, and buries herself in a pile of children's books. Today -- they played together for nearly an hour -- until Kylie came in the dining room to tell me that Caroline was crying. There was no reason given. I didn't press.

But, before the tears, they had a ball. . . .


So, yeah, to say that my heart is "overflowing" is putting it mildly. By the time we made it home from my aunt's house (around 5:30 p.m.) I fell asleep on the couch.

[side note: that is SO not like me. I hate falling asleep that late in the afternoon/evening -- especially if I am expected to be kind to people after I wake up!]

I hope that your Easter celebrations were joyous, full of wonderful music and joy. . .and, of course FOOD. . . .oh, and did I mention? We're overflowing with CHOCOLATE, too.

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, What really incredible pictures! You have a beautiful family! Glad you had a great day.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Y'all did rock the house today...and what's with Will C...in a suit?!? Haha!!! He's so fun!

You Aubreys looked good today! I like the new dress!

I'm thinkin' a Weight Watchers pseudo club needs to form...haha!!! I've been off track ever since we got sick...then went to Indiana for a week...Easter dinner...yeah, I'm off track big time! :D

1:35 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I was going to comment on how precious Caroline is, but I first have to say:

You.look. GREAT.

Seriously, you just look awesome. Whatever you are doing? Totally rocking it. You look wonderful!

Okay, and now I'll gush over Caroline.

GOOD LORD HOW DO YOU NOT JUST KISS HER ALL THE TIME?!?!!?

The end.

8:55 AM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Love all the pictures and especially the beautiful family one!!! ;)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH I literally have tears in my eyes. What a feast for this little Aussie. The princess dress and that family portrait just steal the show. PLEASE scrap that family shot!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your family picture. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.
They grow up so fast. All my kids are taller than me, but then they better be. I'm a shorty at 5'1".(lol)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the family portrait. it's good to put faces with the names.

Our lives just overflow with abundance. While we may not be rich in terms of dollars and cents, we are rich in the ways that count! AMEN!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home