This is My "Real" Blog: When Did This Happen???


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

When Did This Happen???

Could someone PLEASE tell me when my little boy became a teenager? I mean, I know it happened back on November 15. I was there. But, I want to know when the transformation began, and why in the world is it going so stinkin' fast?!?

Tonight, while discussing our church departure plans, one of the high school girls came and draped herself over Edison's shoulder, and just hung on him. Mind you, this is a nice girl, I guess. But, this is not the girl I have picked out for him. She (my choice) had already left with her father.

But, it just kinda shook me to the core (Helen, pay attention here -- it's coming to your part of the world, too!) to see this *hussy* (ahem, sorry!) sweet young lady throw herself physically on my child. My sweet, innocent, young son.

. . .what's funny? Well, other than the idea of a high school girl being 'interested' in Edison? (Actually, that's not out of the scope of possiblity) No, the funny part is that I must have conveyed my horror, shock, dismay, or disgust. Because, pretty much the second I made eye contact with said hussy, she released Edison, and he just gave me the, "What?!?"

I wasn't being unreasonable. Truly. I wasn't.

I just remember, at her age, throwing myself (not literally, mind you) at the likes of Steve Neimeister, and his stone-cold fox older brother, Chris. Friends, these were not just childhood crushes.

I.was.in.love. Ask anyone. It was true love.

In fact, when they moved away (to Oklahoma from Illinois) Steve told me not to ever marry anyone else, because he was coming back for me one day. Oops.

I really think I did just fine. Although I did (and still do) love Steve's parents. They are some of my parents' oldest friends. We spent some time with them last fall. They got to meet Edison and Caroline. They'd met Mark before. I believe Georgia (Steve's mom) wanted to meet the guy that took "her Steven's" place -- when she met Mark the first time. Mark laughed it off.

There was never any chance that I'd be a "Mrs. Neimeister." Chris has met a wonderful girl that he married (on my birthday--of all the nerve!) and Steve. . . .well, let's just say that Steve's a completely different person from when I knew him. Seriously. Changed his name. I didn't ask why.

As the knight said at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, I have chosen wisely.

So, how did I go from "hussy hanging on my baby" to "phew, I married the right man" in a matter of seven paragraphs? I have no clue.

It's Wednesday. It's been a long week. I am tired and only slightly cranky. My caffeine intake has been less-than-typical today.

I truly don't know. But, aren't you glad you stopped by?

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Glad I stopped by? Yep.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

*gasp*...I don't know whether to laugh or cry!! OH NO!! I think they would have to call in the paramedics....I would have passed out. Oh don't worry my friend...I am listening, watching and learning along this journey of yours.

2:30 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you had these borther crushes at the same time or at sep times??? b/c if it was the same time no wonder they had to move, to save the fraternal relationship

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do grow up fast...When I became an instant mom, I had two girls 13 & 15...Now they're young women (WOMEN!)

Time flies...I have the gray hair, wrinkles, and lines to prove it.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reacted the same way with ALL my boys. I think it's a mom thing.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my perspective? Right now?
I'm kinda thinking boys are way easier to raise than girls.

(read my latest entry to see why. gulp.)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no she didn't! I'm *sure* I will react the same way.

Was misty today because Owen is growing up so fast...frowning.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home