This is My "Real" Blog: 'Scone On? **


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

'Scone On? **

(** What's Goin On?)

You just gotta love a picture of a girl eating a dried cherry scone, right? You can see that she didn't abandon her beloved Froot Loops and Cheerios mix. . .in case the scone wasn't any good. Which it was. . .because her mother lovingly made it. Which reminds me. . .I have butter. . .I have baking powder. . .I have BUTTERMILK. Why haven't I made scones this week?!?!?!?!

Sorry for that little outburst. . . one of Caroline's favorite books is called, "The Colors of My Day." And, if she sees it, she proudly proclaims, "Look Mommy, it's The Colors of My Day" and then, of course, we have to read it. Well, the subtitle to tonight's post is "The Pictures of My Day" and it goes as follows:

This is Caroline standing at the bathroom sink -- washing her hands. I swear, if we're not careful, we're going to infuse her with some serious OCD tendencies. I'm starting to suspect that she's willing to try going potty -- just so that she can wash her hands.

You can see that the stool indeed is NOT high enough--so each trip to the bathroom includes her being hoisted up onto the edge of the sink (pacemaker be damned) to wash her hands in the wather. She likes it COLD! (Again, the OCD tendencies are not fully infused) And, it's anti-bacterial soap -- so I think we're covered.

These are the two elements that I suspect have the most draw for her. The vanilla "self-sudsing" anti-bacterial soap from Bath & Body Works (smells yummy) and of course, the Easter-colored M&Ms which I put in a decorative mason jar -- because they match the bathroom, and don't stain as darkly as the regular-colored ones. I will, however, be forced to resort to the primary colored M&Ms when this jar runs out. (I'm not claiming failure -- but this could be a long process) If I was truly a slave to the decorating, I could go online, and order white and blue M & Ms to coordinate with my new bathroom. I just might do that. . . .

And this, my friends, is the seat of honor (unoccupied for your viewing comfort, Uncle Steve). And yes, it does coordinate with the bathroom colors -- but it was purchased long before the bathroom was re-decorated. Of course, I might have subconsciously picked my bathroom colors to match the potty chair that had already been bought. Wouldn't that be one for the books? Or the blog?

Speaking of books. . .yes, we are also teaching that bad habit. But I cannot tell you how many times the act of picking up the book has led to the achievement of the goal of the chair. (Question: Could there be some sort of physio/psycho connection between the backside hitting the. . . never mind!)

There you have a small peek into our lives these days. We actually have five successful trips to the potty today. One was even requested by her majesty -- not foisted upon her by her loving, and supportive mother.

And yes, the new trick we've learned is that after you go potty, you find Mommy's cell phone, and call someone to say, "I Did It! I went potty!" Then they cheer, tell you you're a big girl, say they're proud of you, and say "I love you" before hanging up. (Thanks, Beth! You did good last night!!)

Seriously. Tonight? After her bath? The girl did her bizness--and looked up. She said, "Wash hands?" So we did.

Her next two words: "Call Daddy?"

I love this child so much more than I'll ever be able to express.

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Way, way cool. And the pix didn't bother me. I was afraid of a still life with - well, you understand.

And I like the library. And that reminds me - where is Jake?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

aaahhhhh....how wonderful! Thank you for recording it all in such a wonderful blog.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm craving scones now, thanks! haha!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

What a wonderful post Angie. Caroline and her mom are really doing good, good, good!

I see nothing strange in decorating a bathroom around a potty chair. But that's the way my mind runs.
Hugs,
Joni

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home