This is My "Real" Blog: Always a Princess. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Always a Princess. . . .

Yesterday, Caroline attended her first "princess" birthday party. It was held in honor of my cousin's daughter, Kylie. Part of the festivities included a visit from "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast. (It was supposed to be Cinderella, but she came down with the flu. . . according to her fairy godmother) So, we adapted.

Here you see Belle, and the rest of the princesses. Do I need to point out the prettiest one? I didn't think so. . .


Caroline enjoyed the "idea" of the noisemaker -- but wasn't ever able to fully execute it. Which is kind of a blessing -- because she was kinda freaked out by the noise they made. Go figure.


A princess, by the way, eats her cupcakes with a fork, not her hands like other "savage" princesses. Just thought you should note that. . .


So, we survived our first princess party. My pictures aren't the greatest. But, if I'm honest, I was holding Baby Carson for the first hour or so of the party -- so my pictures suffer some from my inability to put that precious baby down. Have I mentioned how BEAUTIFUL he is? I have? Oh, allright.

On Friday, we enjoyed (endured) another viewing of the Wiggles' "Space Dancing" DVD. It was in her Easter basket -- and I think we've watched over 20 times this week while the boys were gone. Now, if I'm honest, I will say that "watching" means having it on the background while all sorts of other activities went on. But, on this occasion, she was seen dancing along with the guys.

"Doinnnnnngg the Eagle Rock!"


I guess I have to admit it --I kind of like the "Eagle Rock" song. It has this Van Morrison - late 70s feel to it. I found myself humming along, and eventually singing and dancing along with her. Sadly, there are no pictures of that. (heh heh)

It's amazing what one will do when one's amount of adult conversation and company is severly hampered. Hopefully, it will be a long time until we experience this again!

Happy Weekend everyone!!
Photobucket

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing what one will do when one's amount of adult conversation and company is severly hampered.

I know what you mean, LOL!

She is the prettiest (and most civilized) princess!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

The princess must have inherited all her good manners from the queen.

I'm just sayin' . . .

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading about you having buttermilk on hand. Have you discovered powdered buttermilk? It's great for baking. Just keep it in the refrigerator.

11:14 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

thats my girl... she so belongs in our houcse we dance dance dance all the time

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. She looks like a "real" princess.

8:01 AM  
Blogger *Heather said...

How very sweet! I miss my little girl dressing up! ;)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Caroline is really growing up... going to a Princess Party. The dress is adorable!! Did you make it?? Or is their a Princess Store??
Too cute!!
Hugs,
Joni

4:00 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I have the biggest smile on my face...how fantastic! Loved all of it. Even "doin' the Eagle Rock"! YEY! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home