This is My "Real" Blog: Just One More Day.....


Angie's Blog!

Friday, March 28, 2008

Just One More Day.....

We've made it to Friday!!

Honestly, I cannot imagine how single mothers do it. Seriously. . .I give HUGE props to my friends who are balancing one, two, three or even FOUR kids (Wonder Woman) on their own. I salute you. If I were closer in proximity, I'd give you a BIG hug, and offer to massage your shoulders while paying someone to give you a manicure, pedicure, and facial.

Seriously. I am spent.

And, if I'm honest. . . I've had it easy. Caroline's a breeze--and this week has been no exception. She's been a dream all week. Even with the potty training......three successful trips today....she's been so good. I am blessed. But even more, I am humbled by my own insufficiencies.

I had plans, ya'll. I was going to make curtains. I was going to clean out closets (one actually got done). I was going to clean out a portion of the garage. I was going to. . .I was going to. . .I was going to. . .

Instead? Let's see, I did clean out the aforementioned linen closet -- donating LOADS of sheets and towels to a women's shelter. And the expired asthma medicines? Gone. But, other than that. . .

The scrapbooking I was going to do? Nope.
The sewing I had planned? Nope.
The reading I had dreamed about? Not even close.

I have managed to keep the dishes done. (Not that big a deal with two of us)
I have gone to the dump twice. (Caroline laughs when I 'throw' bags in the dumpster)
I have kept up with the laundry (Again, not that impressive)
I have managed to get her to the potty (successfully) eleven times this week.

. . . so it's been a success. But, at the end of these days, when I thought I'd get these projects done? I have collapsed.

So to you. . . .Jeannette, Angela, Carmen, Kyle, and all my other friends who go it alone (some by choice; others not so much) -- I salute you. I adore you. I honor you. You make me want to be better by following your example. You make me proud. And, like I said. . . you get me within proximity of you, and there's a pedicure--on me!!
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Walking a mile in their shoes - or a week!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The amount of ENERGY it takes as a single is amazing, isn't it? Good for you for all you did do - POTTY TRAINING, ANGIE!!! Don't discredit yourself :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

believe me by now i do recognize a tantrum....today i will post.. i thik i have nodt had anything to say

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on the single parenting, and am happy to hear the potty training is going well.
Have a good weekend.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, I don't have the energy to be a stepmom!

You GO GURL!!!! and YAY to Caroline!


***POTTY POWER!***

9:13 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH NO! Why is that always the way???

5:58 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Congrat on the potty training. I have to say Tyler was a breeze. They say boys are difficult but he was trained by the time he could walk!

And as for that pedicure?! I'm on my way!!

Wait until you have brownies and girl scouts and such.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home