This is My "Real" Blog: The Trip From. . .or the Trip To. . . depends on your perspective! (EDITED!)


Angie's Blog!

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Trip From. . .or the Trip To. . . depends on your perspective! (EDITED!)

(Edited to add a few pictures)

We're doing fine. We made it to our first stop (only about 30 minutes later than we'd hoped). Having our little GPS is quite nice. Although, she didn't have a lot to say. It's pretty much one left turn, and then straight north for HOURS on end. She did have a comment or two when we stopped at Burger King and then at a Hardee's in KY for a potty break.

Caroline, on the other hand, had PLENTY to say (except for the 90 minutes when she slept). She talked, sang, played with her baby dolls, played on her Leap Pad, and just watched the clouds roll in and out.

We had a bit of rain, but nothing to really complain about. Well, I say that. .. I wasn't driving. I can crochet in the rain -- no problem. So, it didn't seem too awfully bad to me.

We arrived in Milford, OH at 5:44 (2 minutes ahead of Tom Tom) and waited just a minute or two for Steve and Bettie to meet us at the Chipotle.

Now, for the record. . . I had heard about Chipotle before (mainly from S & B, and from Becca Linsenbigler). But, other than these random conversations, I had never been to one.

I loved it. No questions asked.

Mark, Edison, and Caroline? Not so much.

The burritos are (seriously) as big as your head. Okay, maybe as big as a newborn's head. But sill, that's a serious burrito.

I had the carnitas (shredded pork) with rice, black beans, guacamole (cost extra--but worth it), lettuce, cheese, and roasted corn salsa (medium heat).

Oh my gravy. I just invoked the spirit of Rachael Ray, and enjoyed (nearly) every bite. The guacamole and salsa would have sold me. But, the total package -- 18 pounds of food -- was awesome. Mark had the shredded beef -- and said it was a bit warm for him. Edison's chicken burrito was allright, he said, but a bit spicy. Caroline ate rice, cheese, and a few pieces of chicken.

Seriously? I could eat there weekly. We'll see....if one ever arrives in our area. I might be scheduling a girl's night out -- because I don't think my boys will be rushing the front door. Oh well. . .there's still lots of vacation, and one meal won't set us back too much!

After dinner, we drove out to the fave's new house. (see Aubrey House Blog link on right) It's a work in progress -- but I'm really excited to have seen it in this particular stage -- so I'll really appreciate the process when it's done. The property is gorgeous--out (literally) in the middle of suburbia/nowhere. I love it, and am quite envious of the "solitude" they'll experience upon moving in.



After the (muddy) tour, we came back to their current house--and proceeded to entertain (I hope) everyone with Caroline's antics. She modeled her new Dale Earnhardt (Sr.) pajamas. .. courtesy of Ann T. From the first minute she saw them she started saying, "Go Jeff Burton!" Now, this makes me proud. But, it makes me laugh, too.

I have a few theories. . . 1) it's NASCAR. She recognizes the cars, the numbers, etc. But here are a few other theories to consider.

a) Dale Earnhardt, Sr. drove the #3 car. Jeff Burton's car is the #31. (There are three's on both cars.) My girl knows her numbers.

Or there's this (more far-out) option (get ready to stretch):

b) Dale Earnhardt, Sr. drove for Richard Childress Racing (RCR to those of us who love NASCAR) and Jeff Burton currently drives for RCR. . . along with Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer (va-va-va voom!) Not a bad looker in the bunch, by the way. But I digress. . .

My far-reaching theory is that Caroline acknowledges the Richard Childress Racing connection between the late Dale Earnhardt, and her mother's current obsession (I'm sorry) favorite race car driver, Jeff Burton. And, upon seeing these new stylish pajamas, can't help but yell out:


"Go Jeff Burton!"

I don't know. . . regardless of what the reason. . .baby girl knows her NASCAR. And, she knows who to cheer for -- even when it's pajama time!

I'll post pictures tomorrow -- I'm typing in the dark. (Getting her to bed was a real chore) We have not a clue where the cable is to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer. And, you have GOT to see some of our pictures.

Goodnight from Ohio!

Oh. . . and it's nearly July 1. Happy Birthday, Melany! I love you, my Canadian Geek-Friend!! Maybe next year, it will be OUR turn to meet up?!?!?


Oh. . .one last picture. . .talking to Nana on the phone.



Photobucket

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Two posts in one night? How do you expect your adoring public to keep up with all this Angie goodness?

It's easy - there's never too much Angie-ness!!

Glad you're here. Folks, we'll take good care of her, and make sure she has all the computer connection, diet Coke, and Nascar that she needs.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your daughter cracks me up!!

What is TN going to do without you for the next couple of weeks???


You are missed! Be safe!!! See you soon!!!!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

If a Chipotle ever comes to our neck of the woods, I'll go with you. The food sounds absolutely wonderful. Barry would probably be with your guys...he doesn't like spicy.

Glad to hear Caroline finally went to sleep in her Dale Sr. PJs. She knows who to root for...James is with her as a Jeff Burton fan.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Thanks Angie!
I'm loving the play-by-play of the trip; glad your fave is looking after y'all!

Many thanks for the bday wishes! It's a little rainy here; we'll have to hope they still hold the fireworks for me! heehee :)

Love Melly :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

Count me in on the Girls' Night. Kaylea and I had Pancho's last night. I treated myself to the Flan, OH MY GOODNESS - Yummo!!!!!!! It looks like you guys are having fun. Be safe!

3:18 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

love those pajams... i guess traveling has slowed down your nagging at me...but not your own posting... good grief girl you are wonder woman

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Graeter's!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could just give her a big squeeze.
You are good to be posting. I didn't have the energy and it as just Jim and I on our trip. :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Melly - I always watch out for my faves!

Lois - Graeter's is planned for Wednesday night.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home