This is My "Real" Blog: Not What I Usually Do. . .


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not What I Usually Do. . .

. . .making dinner. Sunday dinner, actually.

I usually "eke" by with a quasi-dinner on Sunday afternoons. Partly because I'm tired after leading two worship services. . .but also because it's just easy. Lately, I've been trying more. I've been making things in the slow cooker. . .or we've grilled out.

But tomorrow? I'm making DINNER, babies.

I've got two pork tenderloins marinating in the refrigerator. I've made a potato casserole (similar to the Deluxe Potatoes Beth raves about). I've also toasted the ramen noodles, sesame seeds, and sliced almonds for the Oriental Slaw (ala Melany) I'm making right after church.

. . .why, I've even got a cheesecake/pie cooling on the stove. It's basically an "Easy" Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Really delicious. Really spectacular. Really cooling on my stove.

So, for me -- it will be a Saturday night where I can go to sleep knowing that our dinner is going to be great. Of course, it's going to be dependent on Mark popping home during the sermon in 2nd service to put the casserole and tenderloins in the oven.

So. . . there you have it.

I'm exhausted from a great day -- took Edison for a haircut, did a little shopping at WalMart (and spent LESS than $100, amazingly), and took the family to a "luau" at the church tonight to celebrate the start of summer. Caroline had a great time "modeling" her new bathing suit. I'll try to post some pictures on here -- probably tomorrow.

OH. . . I nearly forgot. We have to figure out how to film this, and get it on here.

Caroline is fixated on the Olympic Gymnastics Team trials. She used to call it "Flips" but now it's "Nastics." She laughed heartily as they did their flips and twirls. But now. . .she runs across the room in a straight line. . .stops, and strikes a pose. Then, she stands up, with both hands in the air -- waiting for applause. Enjoy the mind pictures, until we can get some actual film footage of our little gymnast.

Allright. . .I guess I've written enough. Just hoping you all are enjoying a wonderful weekend. I hope it's warm and sunny wherever you are (Helen, it's getting cool down under, isn't it?) But for the rest of you on my side of the world -- I pray you will enjoy blue, sunny skies and lots of delicious lemonade!

Happy Summer!
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

That dinner sounds divine. You've inspired me to cook Sunday dinner as well.

10:07 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

I am so not into the olympics but i live in a family of fans, guess i wont be able to get a respite at your house either... dinner sounds soooo gooood, and guess what? i made a peach crisp the other night (to die for) you inspired me.... love you miss you

10:18 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

Dinner sounds delicious...

what time should I be there?

: )

See you at church!

Donna

10:45 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Mmmmm. We'll be right down!

And I was afraid when I saw "dinner" and "eek" on one line. Either the mouse interrupted dinner, leaving pork chops on the floor, or (worse yet) the mouse was very involved with the dinner. As in, was the dinner.

Eeeek!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

hey, psst, you making this tasty sunday dinner just makes the rest of us who are too lazy to cook on the Lord's day look BAD! lol. what's WRONG with you?

just kidding. i might show up for leftovers, tho. and that part i'm not kidding about. 'cept i don't know where you live, so you're safe for now.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

Your dinner sounds yummy. We had a pretty spectacular meal, ourselved. We celebrated Sis' birthday and had a seafood boil with shrimp, crab claws, sausage, corn and potatos. To finish it off we had Magpies mini cupcakes. I am not officially miserable and need to take a nap |@

6:07 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

oohhh can't wait to see the bathing suit shots....and I miss cheesecake....no any good gluten free receipes???

5:25 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

So how was it?

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always stick a roast in the oven before church (15 mins on high heat) - then just before we leave, I put it in a cooler oven and let it slowly cook til we get home;). Easy peasy.....(always add a whole onion cut in half and yummmmmmmy by the time it's done).

If the real video is as sweet as the mental imagery of Caroline doing her 'nastics? Omg, I'll probably die of cuteness when you get the real video posted.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YUM! that sounds like a delicious meal!!! you are quite the chef! i usually only make meals like that when we have guests over. i would love to cook like that more often, but my husband is a health nut!

cute story about your daughter! i can remember my sisters and i "performing" for my parents in the family room, making up dances as we went along, and posing at the end for applause. all three of us ended up taking dance!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang, I missed dinner...
Bummer!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home