This is My "Real" Blog: Don't. . . Don't You Want Me?


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't. . . Don't You Want Me?

. . no, I'm not being forward here. I'm just reflecting on the ambience of my home as I write.

VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of the 80s" is playing right now.

"Don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, ohhhh?"

(yes, there will be more as I finish this blog entry)

I've survived a 2nd day of Music Camp. It was good. The kids are going to do a great job on Friday night. I'll just be glad when it's over. Last night was tough. I wore the wrong shoes yesterday at camp. My left foot/achilles tendon was aching so much. I ended up having to take a pain pill. (it was literally THAT bad)

Today? I wore the right shoes. So, although I'm tired, I can walk. (phew!)

". . .she's poetry in motion. . .when she turns her eye to me. . . she blinded me with science. . . she blinded me. . .with science!"

In other news. . . .Edison has started wanting to listen to "classic" rock on his MP3 player. So, we have given him some songs from Kansas and the Beatles. He's definitely digging them both. His "moment of reality" came the other night, as we were driving home from someplace. . .can't remember where. . .doesn't really matter. Here's the conversation between Edison and Mark:

E: So, the Beatles song, "With a Little Help from my Friends?"
M: Yeah?
E: Well, it says, "I get high with a a little help. . "
M: Yeah?
E: Well, does that mean high. . .like high??
M: Uh, yeah.
E: Hmmm.

My poor little puritanical boy. I think it will hit him, one of these days, that the drug culture (sadly) is part of the music culture. For now, we just keep bursting his bubble whenever we get a chance!

Then, today, as I was taking him to football practice, I told him that either Mark or I would pick him up when he was done. I just reminded him that he might have to wait a few minutes. . so he took his MP3 player with him. His quote:

"George, Paul, John, and that other guy will keep me company." Yeah, Edison. . .Ringo definitely is the forgettable one!

". . . 99 red balloons go by. . . "

Yeah, I'm living life to its fullest on this Tuesday night.
Photobucket

12 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

for the record George was my favorite Beatle, and i am a huge lyric person, I frive my family crazy... so in "total eclipse of the heart" exactly what si going on? Is she leaving him, returning? what is up with that? and i make them lsiten, and they complain that I have ruined it for them?

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

I just have to ask, don't all of us get high with a little help from our friends? And yes I am referring to the natural mood enhancement known as friendship. I am quite sure the Beatles were referring to other types of mood enhancers, though. hee hee

8:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Randy and I get such a kick out of listening to Jesse listen to all the songs WE used to listen to. There's something so....reaffirming about that. I'm not sure WHAT, but something!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

*grumble* wish WE got VH1 here at our house. i sooo would've been watching that last nite too!

three cheers for edison getting into classic rock. that's the only station my radio stays tuned to in the car! javen and i do some righteous rocking out on the road, hehe.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuck in the 1980s my child?

I have a vague recollection of that time...Notice I said vague. Yep, my wild college daze...

12:29 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh my.

Well, I had the big period talk with the Girl Child yesterday, but we haven't dealt with drug references yet.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Angie, Edison isn't the only one who is shocked. I'm - well, I'm not surprised at all, having listened to Joe Walsh. But I'm sure that somewhere out there, somebody else is very surprised.

And I love the conversation. I can hear their voices . . .

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad that part of our life is almost done with. It helps to have many children cause the last few learn way more things from the older kids than I ever tell them.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar (well, that much isn't true heehee)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Your son is even hipper than you know. He was remembering Sugarloaf's only hit - Don't call us, we'll call you (from 1975)

You ain't bad but we've heard it all before
Yeah it sounds like John, Paul and George


(from http://www.lyricsdownload.com/sugarloaf-don-t-call-us-we-ll-call-you-lyrics.html)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

But nothing makes a Tuesday eveing like Russian Disco!

(wait for the chorus...)

http://www.pixelpig.info/share/files/Dschingis%20Khan%20-%20Moskau.mp3

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home