This is My "Real" Blog: Lavender's Blue -- Baby Lily


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Lavender's Blue -- Baby Lily

Just this morning, on our local Sunday morning news, they did a story about a farmer's market in Downtown Knoxville. One of the local vendors sells lavender. I used to grow lavender at the old house -- and have started two plants in the bed out back. I love the smell. I love the color. I love the plant. I love it all.

Anyway, as they talked to this vendor, they asked her to sing the old song, "Lavender's Blue, Dilly Dilly. . ." The only reason I know this song? It's one of the "standards" that is in the series of piano books from which I used to teach. Otherwise, I would have been totally in the dark.

So all that said, the news story this morning, and these pictures that I took this evening, after the blazing heat subsided some, made for quite a nice day.

For her birthday, Caroline received a dress from Nana & Papa. This dress came with a matching dress for one of her baby dolls. This particular baby doll was "nekked" up until about an hour ago.

Since Caroline had worn her dress from this particular combo at the wedding yesterday, the doll dress was within her grasp. With Caroline, that's all it takes. She decided that not only did Baby Lily need a diaper -- she needed this dress.

Baby Lily's diaper is from a pack of preemie diapers we bought for this very purpose. However, being the smart parents we are -- those preemie diapers (read: EXPENSIVE) live in the upper portion of Caroline's closet -- out of reach. We only pull them down one at a time. At this rate, we've made one package of diapers last for nearly six months.

So, the following pictures are Caroline and her baby Lily. We couldn't take pictures like these inside the house. We went outside -- the temperatures had cooled considerably, and it was fun to capture two barefoot little girls in the setting sun.







And yes, I know. . .you can't tell that they're bare-footed. Trust me. . . we all were. And yes, I know. . it's almost too sweet!

What can I say?
Photobucket

13 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

I know it is wierd but i love sicky kid photos, so i was diappointed by no photos from the recent illness, however, these are da BOMB! love love love love them1

8:31 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Love the pictures of Caroline and Baby Lily. They are precious. She looks like she is on the mend from the reason bout of croupe. Good luck with Music Camp!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Cute girls you have, Angie. I'll still keep the bigger one as my fave.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

That's a great set of pics!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

I said "Awwwwwwwwwwww" loud enough my daughter heard it from downstairs and ran up to see what I was awwwing about.

How sweet is that! LOVE the dresses and the pictures.

PRECIOUS!
Donna

11:11 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wonderful....Lily and the Princess! Priceless.

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,
I want the photos!!! What a precious little girl! Lily looks good too!

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Angie, I could just reach out and hug her. What a doll and I don't mean the play one.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

Since I was out of town last week, I didn't get a chance to read your blog. So, now I am officially caught up. I read all of your posts from last week. I hope Caroline is feeling better. Also, I hope music camp goes well for you. Sounds like things have been just a wee tad crazy for you. If you need anything just let me know. I will be glad to help.

P.S. Kaylea and I are going to have to try out the shaved ice place. Yummo!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

CUTE pics!!! what a lucky little girl to have REAL diapers for her baby doll. i would've given anything to have some for mine when i was little. i had to make do with cloth diapers :-( hahaha!

does her doll need some baby food to eat, lol? i have this bag of stuff i need to get rid off and nobody to give it to! (or, you know, if you know of any real life babies that need food...)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just SOOOOOOO sweet!!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

left you a surprsie on the blog

2:24 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh my gracious! Look how sweet she is with her baby! I love it.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home