This is My "Real" Blog: Tuesday. That's it. Tuesday.


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday. That's it. Tuesday.

. . . but it's been a good Tuesday. Not nearly as productive as I would have hoped. But, I somehow managed to eke out grocery shopping, baking a peach pie, baking bread, grilling salmon (Mark did that), and getting caught up on dishes that needed to be washed.

I also got to spend a couple of (unplanned) hours talking with friends today. That probably was the highlight to my day. Did I have work to accomplish? Yes. Did it get done? Nope. Will I accomplish it? Sure.

Just not today.

I also managed to upload pictures from our camera from over the weekend. We attended a beautiful wedding on Saturday, and it was literally breathtaking. . . the scenery and the wedding party itself. The wedding took place in an area called "Brother's Cove" which is located outside of Pigeon Forge, TN . . . on the way to Townsend, for those of you who have been here before.

Because of parking limitations on top of the mountain (not kidding) we were asked to park in a field and shuttles (mini-vans and SUVs) brought people up to the wedding site. Here are a few pictures.

Ross and Amanda. . the happy couple:





Was I kidding about the location? It's gorgeous.

Our entire family attended the wedding. And, we had a wonderful time. Caroline, of course, provided some of the entertainment for the people at our table. When she and Grandma got together (with the "encouragement" from Marsha) she (Caroline) took on the role of entertainer.



See what I mean? I believe they are singing "Zacchaeus was a Wee Little Man" in this picture:



But, this is probably my favorite picture of all. . . not because of the subject matter (at least the one on the right). No, I love this picture because it's the two of us. Together. Talking. Relating. Just being us.



. . .of course, I'm not real crazy about the wrinkles you can begin to see around my eyes. But, at this point, I'm powerless. And rather that concern myself needlessly, I'm going to console my soon-to-be-wrinkled face with a piece of peach pie. YUM.
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We are so lucky to live where we do! Beautiful land around here!!! Ross and Amanda are gorgeous! Makes me wanna plan a wedding again....sort of...

You and Miss Caroline are always so cute! Some of my favorite girls!!! ;)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I love how your blog always puts a big smile on my face. Great to see you and the Princess....and tell me about those wrinkles...pass me a piece of pie will you.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Wrinkles are a sign of not being six feet underground.

Much better to hear "Did you see her wrinkles?" than "She looks so life-like". Trust me. And wrinkle away.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics! c*line is breathtaking!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

The wedding? Definitely beautiful. The singing with Grandma? So awesome. The Mommy-Daughter picture? My favourite.

Sweeeeeet!

Love M :)

7:03 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

steve cracks me up! good way to start my day, thanks steve... and thanks to you also angie, love those photos (and it was nice to see my princess has been here)

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures of Caroline. Her smile always makes me smile.
Your state to me is always beautiful. When I retire...if we ever do, I'm heading on down there. :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and i see you would not stoop to my level commenting on the looks of the humble worship leader... geee willikers he is cute

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I smell cake? OOOH, that looks so good. Now I want some cake.

Love the pic of you and Caroline. Oh, and those aren't wrinkles...it was your imagination!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

ok, so i was reading this post earlier while javen was watching sesame street...and i decided that caroline resembles prairie dawn. do you get that a lot or am i the first person to share such weird thoughts with you? ;-)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home