This is My "Real" Blog: Oooh, that Smell. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oooh, that Smell. . . .

. . . hair anyone?

Yeah, I pretty much should *never* be allowed to grill in public, or private, for that matter. Tonight, while attempting to light our gas grill, I basically singed off a 1/4 inch of hair on my right side.

I'm fine.
I'm not physically marred in any way.
Nor, do I bear the scars of bald patches on my head.

I'm just embarrassed.

I was in a hurry. I should have allowed the pent up gas to dissipate before sticking the lighter in the grill. I didn't.

So, if you're at a campsite, or in my neighborhood, and you see me heading toward a gas grill. . . .for the love of all things holy. . . and flammable.

Get.out.of.there.while.you.have.eyebrows. That's all.

. . .oh the chicken?? Delicious.
Photobucket

12 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh snap!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Please be more careful with the grill. Thank you for dinner. It was delicious. I loved the red velvet bar thing. Boy was it good. Not helpful for losing this baby weight...but sure was good.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

Awww, Angie!
Bless your heart! (or hair?)

I'm so glad you're OK, but so sorry for your hair.

{{{{{{{}}}}}}}

Donna

10:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NICE!!!!! Heehee!!!





FYI...I'm no better at lighting a grill...Jeff...total Pyro!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

oh no way!!!!! You poor thing...don't you just hate that smell! Be careful!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

and this is why i let my man deal with fire. he's such a pyro pro!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

A very similar incident happened to me several years ago. The only difference was that I was in a hurry to get dinner prepared because it was getting late. You see I had just gotten home from getting a haircut - FRESH hairspray and lots of it - need I say more? POOF!!!!!! I was flapping around in the backyard with embers and smoke coming off my head. The funniest part was the gift Barry's Aunt and Uncle sent to me after they found out. It was a box that said, "Jenny's BBQ Set" Inside was a welder's helmet and a set of welding gloves. So you can see I am not the only smart a** in the family ;)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! You singed your hair?

BBQ chicken sounds yummy!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

YOU WANKER!!!
Open the lid!
(Unless you want to be blown up to Canada for a visit; I don't care if there's ANY hair on your head as long as I get to see you!)
M :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Ya know, if I was writing your blog, and updating as often as you update it (you slacker), I'd be real careful about choosing a post title.

The next line is "Can't you smell that smell?"

And it's the line after that which is worth avoiding - compliments of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

But I'm being picky, and I'm not writing your blog. Carry on, my wayward fave.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Man, I go away for a week and things happen. That's why I don't light anything that has to do with gas. :0
I'm glad your okay and I'm glad I'm back. I missed your posts.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

It aint a good Summer unless all my knuckle hair is gone...

Well done!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home