This is My "Real" Blog: Day #3 - Wow.


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Day #3 - Wow.

Excellent day. Lots to talk about. Even some pictures.

Here we go. . .

The day began after a short night's rest. We had decided to put the sofa sleeper mattress on the floor, in order to avoid the mid-back bar. Worked for one of us. Not so much for the other.

Mark slept.
I did not.

Tonight, I'm trying the couch, and Mark will sleep on an air mattress on the floor. I'm guessing we'll both sleep better. We'll see.

We skipped breakfast because I was moving seriously slow. We made it to the convention in time, and Edison joined us for the adult session this morning. I am so glad he did. The worship was definitely more "old school" than I had anticipated. But, the message was amazing.

At the end of the message, people re-enacted this drama, which can be seen on YouTube. Just type in the words "Cardboard Testimonies" and be prepared for an amazing scene. I saw it live -- and I am fairly sure that there wasn't a dry eye in the place today. Totally amazing.

Then, it was another session, lunch at Chick Fil-A, and a workshop session this afternoon. A little more reminiscing and some more hugs from old friends. Then, it was dinner time. . . .

We went to Pomodori for pizza. Excellent choice.



I had the Gorgonzola Walnut Calzone. I know. . .I know. . . it sounds very "vegetarian" but oh my word, it was amazing. Wanuts, Gorgonzola cheese, pesto (HOMEMADE), tomatoes, ricotta cheese. Yeah, it was awesome.

Mark and Caroline split a wood-fired pizza with sausage and cheese. She nearly ate her entire half. Good girl!



After dinner, we headed to Graeter's. Yes, Lois, we finally made it to Graeter's.

Well. . . in a word? Deliciousawesomeness.

I asked for a taste of the coconut chip (coconut ice cream with HUNKS of chocolate). I decided to have a scoop of coconut chip and a scoop of black raspberry chip (same idea -- same HUGE hunks of chocolate) in a waffle cone. Girl behind counter (we'll call her Sasha) broke my waffle cone trying to cram it in there. So, Sasha put my cone upside-down in a cup. It was out of this world!

Wanna see?





Okay, Caroline simply had vanilla. But, you can see that she really liked it!

One last shot from the pizza place tonight. . . they had copper table tops. I had some fun with some photography. Enjoy!

Photobucket

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Greater's is pretty rockin', they have them in New Albany too....it's really a toss up between Greater's and Marble Slab...thankfully I don't have to choose and overwork my poor brain!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Sounds like a good dinner! You forgot to mention the amazing company and sparkling conversation.

You are forgiven.

(and yes, that's a real big grin I have on!)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

ooh, a place with good ice-cream AND fun table tops to utilize in cool pictures?! how do we get one in ktown?! or you know, seymour...whatever. i'm kinda partial to my end of the 'hood...altho i'm not sure why i'm using this kind of lingo. LONG DAY for me, that's my excuse.

the vacation sounds like a blast so far, minus the bed issue. hope you got that worked out tonite!

12:47 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well these photos and the commentary made my morning and it is a big morning and day... so i needed it love you mucho... how cool is tachnology that we get to go with yoeu on this trip and sop much easier than coming home and trying to recap eh?

7:58 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

okay so i went to you tube and saw a few cardboard testimonies ...some of them are stronger than others, this one had been shouting GLORY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXX6lzbo78

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never eaten at Graeter's. If I ever see one I'll have to make Jim stop so we can try it. :)
Love the last picture. It needs to go in a frame.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all sounds and LOOKS awesome!!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for Graeter's!!!!

WOO HOO! I told ya it was extry good! We order it off the net every now and then. It's decadent to have it come by UPS, but it is SOOOOOOO GOOOD!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for Graeter's!!!!

WOO HOO! I told ya it was extry good! We order it off the net every now and then. It's decadent to have it come by UPS, but it is SOOOOOOO GOOOD!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for Graeter's!!!!

WOO HOO! I told ya it was extry good! We order it off the net every now and then. It's decadent to have it come by UPS, but it is SOOOOOOO GOOOD!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it so much that blogger posted it three times! LOL!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home