This is My "Real" Blog: Oh my Darling. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Oh my Darling. . . .

Wow.

Really cool day at church.

Nothing monumental. Just the simple (and yet complex) message of the cross.

The sermon title: "Did Jesus Really Have to Die?" (And, of course, I thought the answer would be yes because, well, he's Jesus!)

But the answer is no. He didn't have to die. He chose to die.

The choir sang two beautiful songs. I was very proud of them, and the orchestra that accompanied them.

But, the most stirring part of the service, for me, was us singing the song "Worthy is the Lamb" which was written and produced out of the Hillsongs Church in Sydney, Australia.

This song is fairly simple in its structure, melody, and rhythm. There are only a couple of spots where the meter changes ever so slightly, and you really have to be paying attention. The chords are simple -- their pattern is followable, easily transposed (if necessary) and pretty straightforward for even the earliest of guitar players.

But, it's not the musical stylings that get to me. It's the words.

It's actually just one phrase.

". . . the darling of Heaven crucified. . ."

That, my friends, is the simple message of Easter. Heaven's "darling" as it were -- the sinless, Son of God, willingly took my place -- remember, he didn't have to do it -- and because of Him, everything is different. Everything is possible.

Forgiveness is do-able.

At the end of this post, I have put in a video of this song. (I have to say -- I've really gotten "tech savvy" here on the old blog!) But, it's one that you ought to hear -- even if you've heard it before. Because you need to think about that phrase.

". . . the darling of Heaven crucified. . ."

I have to admit -- I got choked up this morning, during 2nd service, as we sang that phrase. I certainly don't deserve to have someone die in my place -- especially the Darling of Heaven.

Seriously. Think about it.
Better yet, just listen to it.

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good post Ang!!! That song got to me today this morning...such a simple, heart stirring song...

8:29 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

That was exactly the song that really got to my heart this morning...I was talking with a friend about it this afternoon.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i honestly liked that song better than the two specials we did today...hehe! i need to tell my mom about it, she's always on the hunt for new music. i didn't know the song came from a church down under...now the word "darling" kinda fits. i have this weird image of the steve irwin saying that phrase with the aussie accent. ok, i now realize that's a strange observation...i really don't know where my thoughts come from sometimes. i need to get out more!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Love, love, love, this post, this song, this message. Pretty awesome way to go into holy week, I say.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

Can we sing it again next Sunday...please?
Just can't get enough!
\O/

6:29 AM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

I haven't watched the video yet, Angie, but I sure loved what you wrote. This is such a good way to begin reflecting on Holy Week. Thanks!

P.S. I thought of you as we drove through Knoxville on Saturday. Too bad we didn't have time to stop and say hi. We barely had time to stop to go potty!! :)

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Home Generator Syracuse said...

Thannks for this

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home