This is My "Real" Blog: Making Progress


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Making Progress

I worked a little on my quilt yesterday. Sadly, though, I had to spend time pulling out seams that had been sewn in wrong. . . .on sixty blocks. That sucks.

But, they're done -- and the next bits of sewing on each block is nearly done. My next steps will include:

1) snipping the corners off of each block
2) laying out the 81 blocks in a pleasing pattern
3) joining said blocks into rows
4) joining said rows into a quilt
5) snipping little snips into all the "ragged" edges (roughly 324 edges)
6) washing the quilt
7) drying it in my dryer
8) sending in an excavation crew to clean out the lint from the trap

So, we're probably talking 3 or 4 more days. But, if I get real industrious tomorrow, it might get finished this weekend.

After that, I have three (at least) quilt tops that I'd like to get sandwiched and quilted. One is just a simple wall hanging or table runner . . .in other words, small. The other is a lap-size quilt and I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to quilt it. It has some major flaws in it (MAJOR) so I'm half-tempted to put it away, and start on something new.

As always, I promise to keep you posted.

Potty Update. . . . you know this stuff grips you all!!!

Caroline has had some awesome days this week. She and I went shopping today, and she stayed dry while we were gone -- and went potty as soon as we got home and went to the bathroom. I'm just about ready to test the waters (so to speak) and send her to school in her big girl undies. We actually use the other word -- the "p" word around the house -- (big girl p***ies) but I don't want creepy people on my blog because they saw that word. HA!

She also had the end-of-semester "exams" where she had to identify her letters, and her sight words. Have I mentioned??? The girl is READING!!! I'm truly amazed at what she's doing, and am so excited to see how the next couple of years unfold in her life.

. . . so grateful for this little girl. Can't even describe it!

So, I guess that's about it. Edison just learned that his class trip got changed from the State Capital to Florida (including Universal Studios Adventure Park). He's not too upset - let me tell you. Of course, the freshmen are traveling with the sophomores. And, from what I can tell, the freshmen are fine -- the sophomores, not so much. (go figure)

Oh. . . and he's busily studying for his driver's permit. I expect we'll take him to take the test and get his permit sometime after the first of the month. (at which point, I will begin ingesting some sort of controlled substance) Too soon. Waaaaaaaay too soon!!

Okay - one last story. And, of course, I don't have any details. But, I have to file this under, "Things that I'm Glad Happened to Someone Else - Big time!" Mark is attending a men's conference at another church today. The conference began at 1 p.m. (seemed odd to start so late) and he won't get home until 11 p.m. I really encouraged him to go - because a lot of new guys from church were going -- and I want him to get a chance to meet some of them.

So. . .they left. About 3 o'clock (while Caroline & I drove home from Hobby Lobby) Mark called to let me know how it's been going so far. The headliner guy - a former Mob dude - didn't show up. You know me:

Angie: "Didn't show? What - is he in jail?"
Mark: "Well, uh, er, yes. He was getting off the plane, and was taken into custody last night."
Angie: "Whoa. Oops."

So. . . I'm sure there's a story -- and I probably shouldn't find this as mildly amusing as I do. But, I do. Talk about a "whoops" moment!

Sure glad that's not me. . . .! Have a great weekend!!!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's reading? wow... that's a really big step! Seriously.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Nana said...

What an exciting post!!! What great progress on all fronts for the princess!!!!

Good luck to Edison on the driving front as well as his prospects for travel on the class trip.

You have given me happy thoughts to go to sleep on tonight.

--- BTW let us know the end of the story on Mark's day!!!

Love you all

10:10 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

holy cow, the story about the men's conference...and of COURSE that's the one church event that jonathan wasn't working so i bet he has no idea. i'll have to ask him about that, there's gotta be some interesting details there!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I said the same thing when James called to tell me about the conference. Whoa! Then a water main broke rendering all the restrooms unusable...what a night. In spite of all of this James and Jason seemed to have a great time and were both really challenged.

4:46 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

it is late here, my meds are wacko and i am awake and not wanting to be... but pleased as punch about C*line.. the reading, oh what doors will open and the places she will go... tears come to my eyes

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Judy @ daily yarns said...

Reading and driving...WoW!
They are both growing up fast Angie since I've been reading your blog.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home