This is My "Real" Blog: So Much for my Big Scoop


Angie's Blog!

Friday, January 22, 2010

So Much for my Big Scoop

. . . no, I didn't have a kitchen incident involving the loss of an ice cream scoop.

I did, however, read someone's facebook status, and interpret something that was TOTALLY off-base. I did a little fact-checking, and my mind was immediately put at ease.

But, communication can be tricky like that. Very often, our interpretation of someone's cryptic words, or "tweets" as it were (Twitter users) can lead to misunderstandings, hurt feelings, or worse.

I'm glad that what I read was a misinterpretation on my part. It would have meant that a good friend was moving away from me. (Ironically, we've joked about them moving away before) But all of a sudden, the joke didn't seem funny. At all. And, what I thought was a "big scoop," turned out to be someone else's information - not mine.

I'm glad I was wrong.


For the record: those are five words you will rarely (if ever) hear me say!


Have an awesome weekend!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. "Have an awesome weekend" only has four words. And why wouldn't you say that to people?

Or am I misinterpreting something?

Steve

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it my trips with Hans and Giancarlo?

For the record... word verfication is:

glowness

remind me about this with our word games...LOL

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home