This is My "Real" Blog: And the word for today is. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

And the word for today is. . . .

BRONCHITIS.

Yep, the princess has bronchitis! Not fun to spell. Not fun to have. Not fun to treat. But, we at least have a diagnosis, a bottle of antibiotics, and our late-night sleeping hours back to ourselves.

It feels like ages since I've blogged, and it probably hasn't been that long . . .but I feel the need to update on various stories. So, here goes:

* Edison played in the football game on Tuesday night. He played in the 4th quarter - they were winning - and he played three series of plays. . . defense, then offense, then defense. We're very proud of him. He may not have HOURS of playing time under his (ahem) belt, but he's learning the value of being part of a team, and working together. So, we are pleased and proud.

* Our family is getting all ready for the Buddy Walk, which will take place here on October 8. We set a family goal of raising $2,000 this year. We are over halfway there. That's very exciting. Our church is walking in honor of Caroline, as well. They have a team of over 130 people, and they've raised over $1,500. This is going to be an exciting walk. And yes, there WILL be pictures a plenty on the blog after we're done.

* Although we haven't seen the actual report card yet, Edison seems to have "skated right through" his first six weeks of school. He loves middle school--and his teachers are really wonderful.

* I haven't had any time to post any new layouts that I've done. Primarily because I haven't had time to DO any layouts since Caroline became sick the other day. I am planning on getting something done in the next couple of days. Tomorrow especially. . .

And that's where I want to leave things today. Tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of Caroline's open heart surgery at Vanderbilt. I'm hoping to find a couple of digital pics tonight, and scrap a page or two reflecting on the road we've traveled. It's not been easy, but it's been good. She is such a gift. She's our treasure. She's sent straight from the Hands of God.

. . .and as I type, the treasure straight from the hand of God is avoiding her afternoon nap. It may be time for "Mommy Intervention" to get her to sleep.

There will obviously be more tomorrow. Fair warning: bring your kleenex, because I know I'll be needing them tomorrow. Until then. . . .
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

Well, let's see if I can remember everything I just typed in and couldn't post!

1. Way to go Edison - keep it up! (Schoolwork and football!)
2. Glad the buddywalk fundraising is going well - sure hope you meet your goal!
3. Hope your little treasure takes a nap. (Mine too please!)

This post is nothing like the one I already attempted, but I tried to recreate it!

Have a great day - hope the storm isn't a bad one!

Melany :)

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is nothing like a disgnosis...sort of marks the path ahead...
great job edison... and i like seeing you back(written by the sporadix blogging queen)

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home