This is My "Real" Blog: It's a Family Affair


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's a Family Affair

There really is a pun in there.

. . .that song was recorded by Sly and the Family "Stone" right?

. . .and a couple weeks ago, my dad had a kidney "stone" right?

. . .and I went to the ER last night in excruciating pain, right?

I have a kidney stone. It's a family affair.

My mom and dad took me to the ER while Mark stayed at home with the kids. Good plan. . . trust me. Mark's not a huge fan of all things medical. It's cool.

I feel some better. Have to wait for it to pass. sigh.

Here are a few of my observations:

1) At no point, during our 5-hour stint in the ER did a bus crash occur.
2) All of the doctors had both limbs - none lost appendages in a freak helicopter incident.
3) George Clooney was nowhere in the vicinity (much personal sadness)
4) CT machines have a dual function: scan your CT and destroy your body image.
5) CT machines are probably more fun to go through once - not six times. (It wasn't working properly the first 5 times!)
6) Barium tastes like watered down Elmer's school glue with berry flavoring
7) Pain-killing medicines are quite yummy at 4 a.m., when you feel like Joel Gray is tap dancing on your abdomen.

Family is good. Life is good. Relief is good.

. . .when the relief part gets here, you'll be some of the first to know. Until then.........
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Oh Angie....you poor thing:( I hope things improve for you real soon. All that you have been through and you are still up to a blog!! What a trooper!! Your Mark sounds like my Den...stays fifty feet clear of all things sick! Said right from the beginning he was a "no poo, no spu man"!! My thoughts and well wishes are with you ~ Helen

8:27 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Ouch! Painful. I have to say you have a way to lighten up such things though. You got a few chuckles out of me.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Competitive family...but looks like your Dad has you beat.

Plenty o' puns in there...love it.

Hope it passes quickly and painlessly! Prayers flying your way!

Melly :)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home