This is My "Real" Blog: Okay, this is weird. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Okay, this is weird. . . .

As I was driving to a funeral tonight, I hummed the song(s) from my previous post, "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues" and "Momma Can't Buy You Love." For some strange reason, I decided to turn on the radio. And yes, you know what's coming. That's right. . ."I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues" came on the radio at that very moment. And I heard the whole song--from the very beginning. In fact, I determined that I would circle the funeral home parking lot in order to hear the whole song, if necessary. Fortunately, the light is long at the intersection, so I had a chance to really listen to the song. I think I know what resonates with me in that song. This line:

"I simply love you more than I love life itself."


Deep words when you're driving to play for a funeral.

Then, I got to the funeral. I was not privileged to know this dear woman, but her brother and his family are part of our church. They have been such beloved friends and prayer warriors of our Caroline. Tonight, I learned why.

His sister's name was Caroline Joy. And, from what I learned about this lady, she lived up to her name to its fullest. You see "Caroline" literally means "song." That was a big part of our decision to name our little girl Caroline. And this woman's middle name "Joy" was apparently the name she lived up to the most. I learned that she loved the Lord with everything she had. She loved her family. She cherished her friends. And she lived every day with praise on her lips and a song in her heart.

One of the ministers challenged us with this question: "What is your song?"

That took me back for a few minutes. What is my song? I hope it's an uplifting song that screams the love of God. I hope that it's a song that echoes for days and months and years. I pray that it's a song my children will sing when I am gone. And my deepest desire is that in some way, I have taught you the melody to that song.

My challenge for today. . . .What is YOUR song? It may be an actual song, or it may be a rhetorical song echoed in poetry, art, or prose. Regardless of the media of your song. . . it's your song, so SING IT!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it is a real song...
http://20birds.net/music.htm
scroll down this page past "a few favourites" to the song "I need to sing"
you can download it to listen ot it, but the words are there also... there are great mysteries in this world, deep calls to deep, this song speaks of that quest, and of knowing god and being known by God

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your song resnoates loud and clear
Angie! Your laugh and smile scream your love for Jesus and your family. You're song is even beautiful when you cry! Thanks for your words here. Love ya! Julaine

9:34 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Another great blog Angie. You have got me thinking...thank you! Thank you also for your advice on 2 y.o. eating habits. It has helped tremendously. Best wishes, Helen

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

I always love when that happens...poof. There's the song that was playing in your head.

Very insightful post. I'm not sure what my song is though...now you've made me think!

Melly :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Coincidence? I think not! I just went from laughing to crying. But I think my song is always changing. Right now it's God bless the broken road. I'll think on that and see if it stays the same.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home