This is My "Real" Blog: So Many Options. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, November 12, 2007

So Many Options. . . .

As I started scoping out this blog entry, I had a few ideas of title options. . .

1) My Stubborness Pays Off!
2) Color me Blue. . .Plaid
3) Just When You Think. . . .

Okay, okay, enough literary devices. Here's the bottom line. . . so to speak.

Over the past week, I've been trying to bring in the winter clothes while taking out the summer/spring clothes. You have to understand that in the southeast, a true definition of a "winter wardrobe" usually consists of at least one (1) pair of capris and a short-sleeve shirt or two. Our weather here is bizarre. And no, Mr. Gore, it isn't due to global warming. It's just Tennessee--you're a native--you should remember this.

Anyway. . .as I was hanging up clothes from last year (and years previous) I hesitated to hang up a couple of items, because for a couple of seasons now, they haven't fit.

So, in an effort to rid this house of unnecessary junk (I'm thinking another word) I decided to try on a few items, and if they didn't fit (this year) I was chucking them to Goodwill. Here's the verdict:

* The black velvet dress (2 sizes smaller than I used to wear) fits. I will be wearing it for either Thanksgiving Sunday or Christmas Sunday. . . or both.
* The celery green velour sweater that my sister gave me two years ago that didn't even make it past my forehead when I received it fits. I will be wearing it for Thanksgiving. . .if the weather is chilly enough. (It's a velour turtleneck. . .quite warm. . .but quite pretty)
* The blue plaid (see my title option #2) pajama pants that I ordered two years ago (I believe) finally fit. And, as I type, I am wearing them. They are wonderful. They are warm.

They are going to be worn a lot.

So, all those crazy red boxes of Weight Watchers Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables, and all those crazy Fiber One breakfast bars, and all those bags of frozen broccoli and green beans are finally paying off.

**I'm even starting to get "comments" from people at church. . .that's probably the best part of all.

So, my post today is a happy post. A blue-plaid-black-velour-celery-green clad post about new (old) clothes, and finally being able to wear them.

Oh, and we got our kitchen curtains hung last night. . . wanna see?????



Yes, that is my sewing machine on the kitchen table. I'm still knee-deep in a project or two that need to be finished (if I'm honest) before my company arrives this week. Not gonna happen. Said project will be relocated to my bedroom (probably tonight) and I'll plug away on it while they're here! (Shhhhh! Don't say anything!)

Oh, and I nearly forgot. . . I finished 600 Christmas Cards for DSAG last night. They are signed, folded, stuffed, and sealed. I'm glad to have that done!
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,
That is AWESOME!!! Way to go. You are a better woman than I am to be able to eat the Smart Ones. Love the new window treatments, too!
Sheila :-)

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! congratulations, angie!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

WTG ANGIE!!! I'm so proud of you! I wanna see some photos of you in those duds LOL!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Well done, my dear. And don't forget to get rid of those things which are too big - you won't need them again! xx

1:28 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i must admit first thing i noticed was my child had been here before me... oh well, now on to the important stuff... so cool, I am thinking back to our chat last May, and the water bottles since... ANgie you inspire me all the time.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Neat. Sincere congratulations.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Nice window stuff, girlie!
I can't wait to come over for the grand tour someday ::sigh::

Seems I'm going to have a tough time choosing a blog title today too so I multi-titled like you did. I kinda blog-lifted you I guess!

So, I'm home today and haven't seen you anywhere. Hope the flu shots went well!

Melly :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Oh yeah...and what Lori said...pictures please!

4:12 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

That's awesome! I'm so proud of you!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to GO!!! That is great news, Angie!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Well done on the cards. And the curtains on the blue walls look wonderful. And I am so with you on the wardrobe clean up/out? *sigh*....

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home