This is My "Real" Blog: Just a Swingin'


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Just a Swingin'

Yes, I am old enough to remember that obnoxious song released in the early 80s about a redneck crooner who enjoys sitting in a swing with his beloved, Charlotte.

Not one of the great epic songs of the 80s, but as I type these words, I cannot help but hear that haunting melody echo through the recesses of my mind. This is my way of sharing my joy (agony) with you. And yes, you ARE welcome

Seriously -- Caroline and I spent some time outside yesterday afternoon. It was lots of fun. She is obviously enamored with her new swing set. And, I'm glad we made the investment.


Need further proof?


I didn't think so. This girl loves her swingset!
Today? We were supposed to go to a ladies tea (OUTSIDE) at a friend's house from church. It's raining, blowing, and (did I fail to mention?) Caroline woke up in the middle of the night with a fever.
We're staying home. Dreaming of swinging.
Photobucket

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm going to have that song in my head all day...thanks(lol).
We are having a cold and rainy day too.
Man I hope it's nothing serious with Caroline. I just love the bottom picture.
I am off to keep trudging through those photos.
You have a wonderful weekend.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos!

One of my students is a young man with Down Syndrome who has packed on a lot of weight...we're still trying to find an exercise that he will love as much as Caroline looks to be loving her swing!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Heather J. said...

She looks radiant!

I too, will have that song stuck in my head all day! Thank Goodness, I like it!

Sorry to hear about your icky weather and not to mention, Caroline being under the weather!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Neat kid - neat swingset.

Don't know the song, so it doesn't bother me at all. There benefits to being -- well, "of a certain age".

Hope the day goes well.

3:11 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

Such sweet pictures Angie! There's nothing like seeing that happy smile is there?! We got Kiersten a trampoline when we moved in here and it has been worth every penny and then some! ;)

4:42 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i do not receive that... a friend of ours in miami used to say that... i do not receive that fever... she appears to be the athletic aubrey!

7:47 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i think i love her more todaiy than yesterdaiy.... now there is a song to hum along with

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there

I run a site Unique Gift Newborn ( http://uniquegiftnewbornbabies.com ).
I believe it would be beneficial for both of us if we do blogroll link exchange.


Here is the Description for the Link Exchange

Title Unique Gift Newborn
URL http://uniquegiftnewbornbabies.com

thanks
John Border

12:44 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Look at that smile! Worth it all my friend. Awesome swing set.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i love that song! jon anderson!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

For those of you who aren't familiar with the song...
Cledus T. Judd - Swingin lyrics | LyricsMode.com

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home