This is My "Real" Blog: 1461


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

1461

No, that's not the year that Columbus started dreaming about the New World while sitting in astronomy class.
And, no, it's not the number of recipes that I'd like to try over the course of the next ten years
And no, it's not the amount of money I've spent on scrapbooking in the last year. . . .oh gosh, I hope it's not!

Nope -- that, my friends is the number of days that Caroline Dana has been a part of our family--in person, at least.


Four years ago today, she burst onto the scene, and life as we know it has never been the same.


Where there had been trains, bears, blocks, and lots of primary colors, suddenly there was pink, and lavender, and ruffles, flowers, and butterflies.




Where there had been quiet evenings spent reading, hobbying, and watching TV, there was suddenly this little bundle that needed constant attention. (And we were glad to give it)

Where there had been meals spent around the table with a pre-adolescent, dreaming about playing basketball professionally, and becoming a children's minister -- suddenly, there was this little person, with a contagious grin, a penchant for spitting up, and needs that we thought we couldn't handle. And, this precocious little boy suddenly took on the role of big brother -- and has learned what it means to be a mentor.

But, there was this girl. This precious girl that captivated every person she came to know.

A little girl that, to this day, demands attention at the grocery store just by being who she was created to be.

A little girl that brings out the best (and the worst) in me --- and shows me every day what it means to love without condition.



And finally (because I have tears to dry, and work to attend to). . .


Today, 1461 days later (there was a leap year) I celebrate how God can take a family and re-mold them into this cohesive (yet comically dysfunctional at times) group of people who love each other, and have banded together to make life for one special little princess the best that it can be . . . .because they are so in love with her, they don't know what else to do.



Oh yeah. . . I almost forgot -- Yesterday's presentation went well. . . it's easy to talk about someone you love so much. As I drove over to the college, I heard this song. . . .and I found it funny and ironic that this song came out just before Caroline was born. Of course, I was crying as I drove. Today, I'm signing off with Martina McBride's song that capture Caroline's essence so well. (Makes me jealous that I didn't write it)





In my daughter's eyes I am a hero

I am strong and wise and I know no fear

But the truth is plain to see

She was sent to rescue me

I see who I wanna be

In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal

Darkness turns to light and theworld is at peace

This miracle God gave to me

Gives me strength when I am weak

I find reason to believe

In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger

Oh it puts a smile in my heart

Everything becomes a little clearer

I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough

It's giving more when you feel like giving up

I've seen the light

It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future

A reflection of who I am and what will be

Though she'll grow and someday leave

Maybe raise a family

When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me

For I'll be there

In my daughter's eyes











Happy Birthday, Sweet Caroline!

Love, Mommy
Photobucket

18 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i get to be first and i am crying and crying... i love yoeu all so much thank you for filling up all the spaces that were not yet full of love... happy birthdaiy darling caroline

9:33 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

and so you didnt write the song but you get to live it... that ahcs to be better right?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

Thank you...I'm gonna smile all day!
Happy 4th Birthday Caroline!!!
Love Melly :)

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday C*Line!!! Hope you guys have a great birthday week!! :o)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday C*Line!!! Hope you guys have a great birthday week!! :o)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, Angie:).

*wiping my tears away*

11:57 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

God has truly blessed you through her. And vice versa, as is to be expected.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this post has me in tears...Happy tears. This is a beautiful post.
Happy Birthday Caroline.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't forgotten the tea party. Happy birthday Caroline. Happy First Four, Aubreys.

7:28 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

left you a present at the blog and katherine left her a present at hers

7:45 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Hi Angie and Caroline this is Hannah.Happy birthday. I hope to see you before your next birthday. love Hannah

9:22 PM  
Blogger Heather J. said...

Happy Birthday, Caroline!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I wonder if my mother was able to blog back in the day if she would have written like that for me...

uhh....nope.

very sweet post.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Happy birthday Sweet One. With love from Lexie! xx

4:27 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!! Pass the Kleenex tissues.............Happy Birthday dear sweet princess!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

A late, but very Happy Birthday to sweet Caroline.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

"A daughter is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart, forever." Author: I don't know (but I really like it)

8:41 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

*TEARS*

What a gift Caroline is. Even for those of us who have never met her.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home