This is My "Real" Blog: So-o-o-o-o-o-o Ti-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-red


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

So-o-o-o-o-o-o Ti-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-red

That's right. I'm too tired to upload pics from the camera. You see -- Knoxville is a city built in and around various ridges/mountains -- whatever you want to call them.

Where I grew up....the zoos were as flat as. . . .(fill in whatever one-liner you choose) Brookfield, Lincoln Park. Flat Lands abounding.

Here? Not so much.

But, it was a phenomenal day. We re-met a family that we first encountered in October at the Buddy Walk. Their baby, Lucas, was just two weeks old. He is a thriving little guy -- even let me hold and kiss all over him for a while today. So precious.

All of these kids that share this extra chromosome are. . . Henry, Jenni, Caroline, Lucas, Sloan, Lexie, Anthony, Lydia, Jonathan, Riley, Lucy, (seriously, I could go on and on and on. . .) And, days like today -- spent at a zoo which requires you to climb some serious slants to go see chimps and ostriches (which, by the way, I learned really freak me out)...well, days like today are totally worth it. Why?

1) We saw "effelants" and "beezus" (zebras)

2) We celebrated the uniqueness that ties over 500 families in a 17-county area together.

3) We we took them out and showed the rest of KnoxVegas we're not ashamed of them

4) It was sunny, breezy, and cool enough to wear a sweater and not get sweaty.

Yeah, it was an awesome day. Will I sleep like the proverbial baby tonight?

Abso-TylenolPM-lutely!!

And tomorrow? Pictures.

. . . and Maddox, and Katie, and Houston, and Alex, and Preston, and Matt, and Alexis, and Madison, and Bianca, and Luka, and Ryan, and Morgan. . . . I could do this all night.

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

that zoo is a total body workout, but i would recommend not visiting in mid-summer when the sun will cook your brains out! did that last summer when my family was up here, it was nuts.

tylenolPM is the bomb diggity.

glad to hear you guys had fun!

11:33 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

im so not a zoo person, not funny how much i do not like zoos, i dont like animals enough to look at them, i hate walking i sun, i hate walking to see things, i am a "I'm paying so bring it to me" sort of person, and now that bit of a rant over, let me talk about how i am feeling...i love reading what you write,the way you choose words and mix them, and lay them side by side (sentence making- thought constructing)I do want photos, but first i am climbing back into bed... and i jsut saw K_belle is on your blog roll. how warm and squoochie that makes me feel.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I am so happy....look forward to the photos

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home