This is My "Real" Blog: Savior? I'd Settle for "Hero"


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Savior? I'd Settle for "Hero"

We celebrated Caroline's birthday tonight. . . even though her birthday isn't actually until Tuesday. And as you might imagine, this is just the first in a series of four -- count them -- four birthday celebrations.

We will celebrate with dinner and (another) birthday cake on Tuesday evening. She will take cupcakes to school on Tuesday, and then more cupcakes on Wednesday (Mother's Day Out).

Yes, I will be making cupcakes from now until eternity. But, it's for Caroline.

I will upload pictures tomorrow. Her big present this year was her new swingset. She did the quintessential "Oh My Goodness" stare when she came around the corner and saw it. And, the concerns that the physical therapist had about her sedentary lifestyle went out the window, in my opinion.

Tonight's celebration included grilled burgers, italian sausage, Hebrew National hot dogs, and smoked sausage. Yes, we like our meat in our family. It was delicious. Other than the pickle/olive tray there wasn't a green vegetable to be found. It was great.

She also received a leotard, tights, and a tutu for her upcoming dance classes. I'm really getting excited about this.

Tomorrow, after church, we will go out for lunch with the family, and have another busy Sunday. It will culminate in a Mexican Fiesta tomorrow night. Yummo!

Oh. . .before I forget.

Last night, our entire church staff "retreated" to Pigeon Forge for an overnight getaway. We stayed at an 8-bedroom chalet in a remote area between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It was lots of fun, laughs, and relaxation.

My personal highlight (I'm hoping) will not wind up on youTube. We decided to play "Rock Band" which, for you newbies out there, is Guitar Hero for four people at once. I observed for a few songs--and then was dragged into the 'band' as the drummer. I suck at the drums. Seriously. The Hoover. . .Oreck. . . Kenmore Upright. . .they got nothin' on me.

We played a few songs, with me on percussion, and then I took the microphone and started singing "oldies" which is the only thing I knew. My setlist included:

"Wanted Dead or Alive"
"Ballroom Blitz"
"Last Train to Clarksville"
and
"More Than a Feeling"

On that last one, I actually scored a high enough percentage to be labeled, "Band Savior." Of course, being the modest person I am (heh, heh) I demanded that we wait until we reprint new business cards to have my title changed. It would be wasteful to do it sooner. . . and there's the sign outside my office. That will need to be changed, too.

Yeah, right. But it was fun.

What does Edison think? He's humiliated.
When he heard that they're threatening to put it on youtube? Upgraded to Mortified.

Isn't that what being a mom is all about?
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bet it is.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

I thought our sole purpose was to embarrass the crap out of our kids.

Make sure to sing Happy Birthday to Caroline for me.

1:41 PM  
Blogger *Heather said...

A very happy birthday with to Caroline!!! ;)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

ohhhh so look forward to Princess pics. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i love the fact that being an embarrassing parent is so easier now that we have the internet to broadcast ourselves on! our parents had it so rough, doing things the old-fashioned way!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home