This is My "Real" Blog: Are We Really Always This Busy?


Angie's Blog!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Are We Really Always This Busy?

. . . the answer is "Yes!"

The other day, my favorite brother-in-law (who was, up until today) here visiting, asked me this question. I believe my answer was, "No, this is unusually busy for us."

But, in retrospect, I think we are always this busy. But, that's the stuff that makes our lives our lives. And, it's also the stuff that makes me love my life so much.

I've had a blast this weekend--staff retreat, two exciting services on Sunday, Caroline's birthday, leading worship at a dance worship recital last night, staying up until after 1 a.m. with the family. . . yep, this is the life!

I'm getting ready to go over to the college, where Mark and I have been asked to talk with some master's level Marriage & Family Therapy students about raising a child with a disability. We did this two years ago -- and I'm excited to see how our presentation has changed in two years.

Last time, we both cried. I think we'll do better this time.

Then, it's cupcake-baking time. I've also agreed to help make baskets for Edison's school festival this weekend. Yep -- it's one of those weeks again.

Steve -- be glad you escaped before the real mayhem kicked in!

Happy Monday, everyone!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

You'll find that those school years are always busy ones. We were always dashing here and there on a daily basis. And yes, cupcake baking goes on and on. I did a lot of volunteering during those years too. Now, with lots of free time, I'd love to have someone at home to bake cupcakes for. Enjoy each moment.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Caroline tomorrow!! How about some pictures??
Hugs,
Joni

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How did things go at the college this morning?

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so remember being busy like that. I'm with Joni, enjoy each moment.
BTW, I'm starting to go through all my pictures for those Memory books I want to do. Big job doing that.

6:37 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

what's wrong with crying?

7:25 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Busy is as busy does. Or something.

Hope you get some breathing space soon.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home