This is My "Real" Blog: Happy Birthday, Aidan and Melinda!!


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, Aidan and Melinda!!

Today is Aidan's first birthday, and Melinda's twenty-fifth birthday.

Who are Aidan and Melinda? Well. . . . if you visit two of my favorite blog friends, you'll see that May 1 is their kids' birthdays.

Aidan is my friend Jeannette's youngest boy. I call her Wonder Woman. . .as do many of my SB buddies over at Butternug Squash Designs. Jeannette has four PHENOMENAL kids. She has been an army wife for a number of years -- toughest job in the army, right Wonder Woman? She is a lover of her family. . .her Savior. . .and a dear friend to me. I've never met her in person, but just the fact that she knows lyrics from songs by the Imperials from back in the 70s makes her a kindred spirit. Aidan's arrival last year was traumatic for everyone involved. His life, to this day, is a testimony to God's amazing, miraculous healing power. God spared Jeannette, too. So, today, I am celebrating a miracle that I was able to observe from a few hundred miles away.

Melinda is Beth's 2nd born. Melinda is one of the funniest and funnest people I've ever met that I've never met. That's right. . . I know of her only in my heart. . .and in cyberspace. But, she and her wonderful family have welcomed my family into their hearts. She fiercely loves her older sister, Jenni (whom I've talked about many times) and she loves her entire family with that same ferocity. She's got this cool gig in LA -- where her husband plays in a Christian band. (So jealous I am) And, to top it all off, her sweet, creative mom (Beth) is celebrating her birthday with a series of "25s" on her blog. I have yet to write mine. . .but I'll get it done soon.

Edited to add my layout. . . Happy Birthday, Melinda!!



May 1 is also the "peace and quiet" day. . . sigh. Mark's mom and dad are on their way back to Arizona. In fact, as I type, they should be boarding their plane. Their first flight takes off around 4, and I'm not sure when they'll arrive back in Tucson. Tomorrow, they will make their way back to Sierra Vista.

I always dread this afternoon, after they've headed back. I dreaded it when Edison was younger, and now Caroline goes through the same "withdrawal" that he went through. As soon as we walked through the garage door today, she started calling for them. . . "Nana! Papa!" Ever the optimist, she decided that they were at the store, and that they'd be right back.

So, then I heard, "Nana and Papa be right back. Nana shopping."

Well, explaining that they had gone home. . ."bye-bye" . . .or in an airplane just wasn't going to cut it. It will take a few days, and then she'll stop asking for them. But for now, it's sad. And, I wish I knew how to make it all make sense.

That's pretty much the long and short of things. I worked today--because I took Monday off to be a Ds ambassador. (ha!) Thursdays are generally quiet days in the office, so I got some much-needed work done. Honestly, if Caroline had Mother's Day Out or school tomorrow, I'd probably go back in (voluntarily) just to get a few more things done.

I guess that it's the tremendous flurry of activity the last couple of days that has made everything seem so bizarre. I'm exhausted, but excited to be (nearly) done with stuff. And yes, you know me. . .there's always something around the corner for me to do. . . like finish a baby gift for a baby shower I'm hosting on SUNDAY!! (yikes) [Kathy--you might just get to peek at James' gift if I don't get it all finished!]

There you go, my friends.


Happy Birthday, Aidan!
Happy Birthday, Melinda!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

thank you so much sweet friend... how magical has all this been? that we are connecting and connnecting...

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks ANGIE!! Love you guys! :o)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

We miss Sweet C too (and the rest of y'all, too). But we've been saying "O-kay!", and wanting to pronounce things "perfect!".

And the reason I'm so happy about this comment? "I did it!!"

1:10 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Happy days, Angie. I have a little gift for you on my blog. Because you deserve it (but it's for Caroline really! Because she's so beautiful). Just kidding. I'm glad to 'know' you. xx

6:47 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

well i got all giddy and silly reading Steve's comment... i love love family!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home