This is My "Real" Blog: How Did This Happen?!?!


Angie's Blog!

Friday, July 18, 2008

How Did This Happen?!?!

One question. . .many implications. Read on.

1) I've not blogged since Tuesday. Well, it's been a very trying, busy week. Not only am I still in "catch up" mode from vacation, but I'm also at a crucial point both at church and with my Buddy Walk coordinator role.

2) I feel like I've been with my children 24/7. And I haven't. Actually, both Edison and Caroline had activities this week. Edison went back to football conditioning/practice and then helped at preschool camp (VBS) at church. Caroline attended her last week of summer school and VBS on non-school days. But still. . . I don't feel like I've had a minute alone -- and I think the kids are getting the blame -- and it's not always THEM.

3) I don't think I've accomplished anything creative for a month. This is spot-on. Other than quilt store shopping, washing that fabric, and crocheting on an afghan or two, I haven't completed anything creative since before we left on vacation. I've barely even finished a sudoku puzzle.

4) The summer is nearly over. This seems to happen every year, but for some reason, this year seemed to fly by faster than others.

5) I cannot stop going to weddings. This is the Summer of Weddings & Babies. We have been to four (4) weddings -- no funerals thus far -- and one baby was born, and another is coming in September. I still have two more weddings for whom I'm playing piano, and one other we plan to attend.

6) I'm having company over for dinner tonight. That's right. . . I'm my own worst enemy. Actually, if that were true, I'd be at Dollywood with my parents (and Caroline & my niece). But, rather than enjoy a "fun" day in the blazing heat, I'm home getting ready to have them over for dinner tonight. So, I'm really not complaining -- I'm the one in the air-conditioning. But, when I compiled the list of the things that I wanted and needed to accomplish today, I nearly cried. I'll get through it. I'll get it done. But, I'm one tired senorita!

So there it is. . . my whining list for the week. I can't believe that the middle of July has come and gone, and that my children will both be in school a month from today. (Edison starts the 11th; Caroline the 18th) That's living in the south, y'all!

I pray that it's a happy Friday for you. And now if you'll excuse me, there's this "to-do" list -- which includes a much-needed haircut!
Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i love the line that you cannot stop going to weddings... i am decorating our church today for VBS on monday i am my own worst enemy, i dont even dare tell tony as he he keeps saying we are moving lets cut out the extra stuff, yes dear

1:54 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

wooooo, buddy, let me tell you i am right there with you! i am super busy getting things all ready around here for the arrival of the fam/sarah's bridal shower (ALL ON THE SAME DAY!!!) i keep crossing things off my list, BUT i keep adding more stuff to it.

i am praying to the tune of gloria...i will survive?

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been six weeks since hairdresser day for me... YIKES! I know mine looks scary.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

You have been selected by our nominating committee to win the "Busy Woman Award"!
Seriously...you need a day to chill. And if I could ever say I crocheted (SP??) an Afgan, and if it was the truth, I would be hearing a chorus of angels singing (or maybe laughing)

Hope your dinner goes well.
Got a big time "Just like God" moment about my eye. I'll blog about it soon!

Donna

5:27 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

You'll survive, kid. God's a big God, and He'll help sort things out.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

LOL! I LOVE your blog. Always good for a giggle and you make me see that I am not the only one.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home