This is My "Real" Blog: Totally Random? You Decide.


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Totally Random? You Decide.



Okay, this one is tricky. I'm copying stuff directly from his blog, because if I tried to explain it, you'd be as confused as I am. ::hee::

Below are 9 questions. I have to turn my iPod/MP3 player on and turn on shuffle mode. Then, I must ask myself the first question below. I play the first song on the shuffle list and type the song title and artist as my answer under the question. Below my answer, I explain it from my perspective in parentheses. Then I ask the next question and go to the next song. NO CHEATING!

If you do not have an iPod or MP3 Player, use some music listening software on your computer. If you don't have music on your computer, then just write down nine songs and pull them out of a hat as you go along. If you don't know 9 songs, then you aren't modern enough and shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.

Okay -- so I tried this. And, I'm obviously pretty new to the whole MP3 world. . . and my list was coming out in alphabetical order. Why Holy is the Lord is in the midst of the alpha list, I have no clue. Here is my first list. Doh. I'll print the actual "shuffled" list below. . .

How does the world see me?
(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher by Michael McDonald

How will my future life be?
A Day in the Life - the Beatles

What should I do with my life?
Holy is the Lord - Southeast Christian Church

How will I be remembered?
A Salty Dog - by Styx

What is my current theme song?
A Shadow in Your Light - Lenny LeBlanc

What is my signature dance song?
A.D. 1928 (Paradise Theater) - Styx

What will be played at my funeral?
Above All - Lenny LeBlanc

What will my week be like?
Accidentally Like a Martyr - Warren Zevon

What is some good advice for me?
Afraid of Love - Toto

What did the world sing when I was born?
Africa - Toto

Now, the real results. I'm such an idiot.

How does the world see me?
Dirty Work - Steely Dan
(Hmm. Not quite sure about this -- I do end up doing stuff that no one else wants to do from time to time. So. . . ?)

How will my future life be?
With a Little Help from my Friends - the Beatles
(Yep - Word.)

What should I do with my life?
Like Eagles - Don Moen
(This song is based on Isaiah 40:31 -- I will soar on wings like eagles, walk and not faint, run and not grow weary. . .when on YOU I wait. Sounds good to me)

How will I be remembered?
While You Were Sleeping - Casting Crowns
(I find this kinda cool -- because I do more in my life when the rest of my family and friends are alseep!)

What is my current theme song?
Two Hands, One Heart - Don Moen
(This song was my theme a few years back - I still love it. I've got 2 hands to serve others and 1 heart to serve my God. Cool beans, kiddos.)

What is my signature dance song?
The Real Sin Savior - Apologetix
(This is one of my 13-years old's songs that's on MY player. Ironically, it is a parody of a rap song with a killer dance beat!)

What will be played at my funeral?
If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free - Sting
(Seriously. . . do I need to say more? 'Cause if I do, I'm gonna start crying.)

What will my week be like?
I Believe (When I Fall in Love) - Michael McDonald
(Okay - I am currently obsessed with this song. It's haunting me. Of course, maybe it's because when I hear it, I hear Michael McDonald singing it to me. . .which is a whole other blog post!)

What is some good advice for me?
Rockin' the Paradise - Styx
("Tonight's the night we make history. . . honey you and I. . . and I'll take any risk to tie back the hands of time. . " This song is such a good mix of ballad and hard rock -- kinda like my life. Sometimes it's gentle--other times wild!)

What did the world sing when I was born?
Evil Woman - ELO
(I laughed out loud--and had to explain this particular MEME to my husband on this one. The irony? The name "Angela" means ANGEL. Explain this--I dare you!)

There you have it. I hope you enjoyed both of these lists. I really like the way "the Muter" spurs me on to do some unique blogging. I encourage you to do this -- or if you don't have an MP3 player, just name some songs that you wish answered these questions. You'll have fun -- I guarantee it!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Hey, its The Muter. Your last answer made me laugh so hard!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwahahahahahahahhahahha @ Evil Woman reference....

3:54 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Helloooooooooo Angie!
I have an ipod nano and I can't do anything with it even though I've read all the directions. So I can only listen to the original songs that Kristin downloaded for me. Some day when I have time, I will call their hotline and get the scoop.

I just returned from Target and they had a ton of scrapping goodies in their $1.00 bins. Cute stuff. I bought a lot as I want to make goodie bags for our 3 week vacation with Boyd's family... no comment! But DO check out Target!!
Love to all,
Joni

12:57 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

hahahahah...thanks for my Friday morning giggle Angie. Have a super weekend.

8:27 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey my first go around with this post i coeuldnt understand... i know i am hopeless, so much in my brain, but this time it was a delight to read, and mafe me smile

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home