This is My "Real" Blog: A Nap is Definitely In Order. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Monday, July 14, 2008

A Nap is Definitely In Order. . . .

You know that feeling of being overwhelmed at work?
You know that feeling of being overwhelmed at home?
You know that feeling of being overwhelmed in life?

Yeah. . .I'm there. And when you add a sleepless night to it, well. . .it gets kinda ugly. You know "I-just-took-a-nap-ugly?" Yeah, that was me about six hours ago.

Mark and Edison both came home from vacation with a bit of sickness. Mark was actually experiencing some of it the night before we left Illinois. He is still coughing a bit. And no, thank you for asking, he probably *won't* go to the doctor. But last night, when I was exhausted, and should have been sleeping, I wasn't. I couldn't. I've told a number of people today that it was Mark's fault. And, it sorta was his fault.

He snored. Like, really snored.

Like, snored like I used to before I got my sleep apnea diagnosed, and started wearing my "Annakin Skywalker" mask to bed. (Seriously, it looks like a cross between the head gear young Skywalker wore in the pod racer battles and a jock strap) And let me tell you -- it does a number on one's complexion and facial wrinkle situation in the morning--to say nothing of "Strap Hair!" Yeah, I'm a sight first thing in the morning.

Anyway, I totally digressed there. Sorry. I had a long day yesterday -- some friends asked me to play for their wedding. It was my pleasure and honor to do so. But, I have to admit that cramming that in during the same (short) week due to my vacation made for some crazy days.

AND. . .on top of that, we had our Baby Dedication in church this morning...which meant I had to organize the families, get gifts together, and program the service. It wasn't horrid -- but it was time-consuming. So, when I fell into bed last night, I was a prime candidate for serious sleep.

Except for the snoring.

Yeah, I was contemplating taking some sort of OTC sleep aid -- but at 2:30 a.m., I knew that I would be a BEAR to wake up at 7 a.m. What did I do? The same thing he did to me all those years B.S. (before strap -- what were you thinking?).

I prodded him.
I poked him.
I kicked him.
I tapped him.
I nudged him.

Most importantly, I did NOT smother him.

Eventually, sometime after 3:30 a.m., he quieted down, and I was able to fall asleep. Now, some of you may ask why I didn't do something more proactive in getting myself to sleep. Why not relocate? (Sleep apnea -- moving that machine is a pain in the butt).

Why not relocate him? (Two sleeping children who needed their rest, too)

Why not get up and do something? (I actually considered this -- but I knew he'd get up, wonder where I was, and try to encourage me back to bed -- and then the cycle would begin again)

So, I just laid in bed -- thinking of things.

Things I needed to do.
Things I have to work on this week.
Things I should have done this past week.
and...
Songs for church I want to learn
Ideas for Buddy Walk.
Deadlines for Buddy Walk -- this actually freaked me out a bit.

And then. . .like nearly every other Saturday night of my life. . . I started worrying about this morning's service. Would the families show up for Baby Dedication? Would "extra" families show up that we didn't know about? Would the service run long? Would the service be too short? Would the drummer show up?

. . .and on and on and on.

So.....when we finished lunch today I excused myself from the computer, and went to the bathroom. I think I told Mark that I'd be back.

I lied.

I put on my softest, comfiest pajama pants. . . and went to sleep. No one snored. Well, I might have -- but I was sleeping, so I didn't notice.

And, as Moses said in Genesis 1: ". . .it was good."

Have a lovely week. I'll be in and out -- meeting those deadlines I panicked about last night. Hopefully, some of my "extra curricular" projects (quilting, etc.) will get a little bit of my attention this week. But if not. . .I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

. . .and I've got the Tylenol PM to prove it!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

You said "when we finished lunch today I excused myself from the computer".

Oh, just a quick byte, huh?

Glad you got some rest. And you don't want my solution for "strap hair". It still would leave "strap scalp".

And thanks for leaving Mark alive. Now I don't have to kill you in revenge, starting a whole Hatfield/McCoy thing. I can see it now - Steve vs. Angie's readers. I wouldn't last long.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Jennilu said...

Hey, I'm all for naps.
Naps ROCK!
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. ;)

10:15 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

hey steve you betcha, you would not last long especially since i have my own loud sleeper in my bed... i completely saw only one side one side of this blog post

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially when "MY" husband snores....I LOVE taking naps.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

you nap smuggler, you!!! what a sneaky plan. it's not entirely illogical to excuse oneself from the computer after a meal...i eat breakfast right here at the laptop EVERY morning. i almost can't function otherwise...and isn't that just sad?

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home