This is My "Real" Blog: We'll just pretend yesterday didn't happen.


Angie's Blog!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

We'll just pretend yesterday didn't happen.

Right Beth?

If I was one of those crazy people (Sorry, chick) who promised to blog every day, I'd be in sorry shape. One, because I would've welched out big time on a commitment, but "B" because I would be under unspeakable amounts of pressure.

Kinda like today. . . I have one hour until Caroline gets home. In that hour, I need to:

Put away dishes I just washed
Put away clean clothes
Sweep the floors
Finish packing
Sort out shirts for the Hookers, Suiters, Carmen, Kathy & Andrea
Deliver shirts & parking info to Carmen
Take shirts & parking info to the Hookers
Get Caroline off the bus
Go to the grocery store -- we need milk.
Load the car
Make my bed. . . you know, the pillow part
Pack Caroline's clothes for Friday/Saturday/Sunday


. . .and there's probably 15 other things I need to do, as well.

So, all that to say -- I'll be seeing you on Sunday afternoon. We're headed to Bristol Motor Speedway -- the world's most dangerous 1/2 mile. . . .racing the way it oughta be!

DSAG is going to run a concession stand. . .just like last year. We're going to peddle hot dogs, burgers, nachos, popcorn, hot pretzels, sodas, coffee, and yes. . . beer (in various forms). It's a lot of fun. You get to flirt with the rednecks. (Hey -- don't judge . . .there are "tip" jars, and all that money goes straight to the kids!) You get to watch qualifying, practice, and some of the "real" race -- when the 160,000 paying fans are in their seats.

And, you get to be exhausted. I'm already not looking forward to that part. But again. . . .














it's for the kids.

Speaking of kids. . . . let's see, what are this week's highlights?!?!

Caroline started preschool today -- the bus came for her at 7:15 this morning. That's right. . .I've been vertical since 7 am., which is normally unheard of for me. I have a feeling I'm going to sleep on the way to Bristol.

Her bus driver is so very sweet. She (Caroline) was excited to go to school. She'll be home around 3:45 this afternoon. I know. . .it's a long day. But, there's naptime built into that schedule. We'll see how it goes. I have pictures. . .but you've read what my day is like. I shouldn't even be typing this . . .much less putting it in italics.

Edison? Well, the 'honor' student/football star decided he didn't want to walk, or jog around the football field (not even the entire perimeter) yesterday, to he decided to "jump" the fence. He missed. . . ripped his shirt, and scratched the crap out of his inner arm.

Yeah, we're busting with pride.


Until Sunday, my dears. . . .have a blissful weekend!
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

You say crazy like it's an insult or something.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels and raise lots of cash...

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my day starting at 6:00 a.m. Now, it's much later...whew!
Ouch! That must have hurt? Kids they do the craziest things.
Have a great time.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Hilah said...

Go ahead and flirt with the rednecks...it works for tips at Starbucks, I'm sure it will work with race fans! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do ;-)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Class dismissed.

But I wanna see one of those "What I did at the end of my summer vacation" reports. With pix.

11:04 PM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

"A" you can get so sarcastic with your punctuation and "B" a friend's gotta do what a friend's gotta do ,,, and you gotta admit after you finished that post yesterday you felt satisfied (except maybe a bit wistful wishing you had posted photos, but oh well).... flirt away darling, I will be thinking of you

8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wish we were getting to flirt along with you! I'd be better than new student weekend...TRUST me!!!

Love ya friend, hope this weekend is a massive success for DSAG!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Good luck with the DSAG booth at the race! My inlaws are HUGE NASCAR fans :)

The Signing Time DVDs are wonderful - Kayla picked up signs so quickly from watching them (and so did we!) and it really helped bridge that communication gap until she started speaking, then she started dropping the signs. She still uses them occasionally, but is starting up with them again now that she sees us using them with Lucas.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Yummers! said...

Well, I'm back and now you're gone. Have fun at the races! I know you all love that kind of sport.

Has school started in TN?? Boy... will you have time to yourself. After 3 weeks with family, I know how important time to myself is... and peace and quiet.
Enjoy!!
Joni

10:26 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

I think it would be lots of fun if you guys all came up to DC. Just sayin'.... We've been married 4 months! We are finally in the same time zone....

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home