This is My "Real" Blog: You can simply call me "Mike!"


Angie's Blog!

Monday, August 18, 2008

You can simply call me "Mike!"



I am not blogging about Michael Phelps. It's been done.
I am not blogging about my children. Well, at least not tonight.

I am blogging about some of my wonderful friends.
These friends have said some wonderful things about me.
I didn't pay them.

From time to time, blog awards are presented by other bloggers. I have received some awards over the past couple of days (and weeks, sorry!) and up until tonight, I haven't posted the awards.

That, tonight, it changing.

Here they are. . . there are three of them.
One might be gold. . .one, silver. . . one bronze (following that Olympic theme)



My friend, Judy, gave me this award. I love it. And, for the record, I love her blog, too.



My friend, Kate, awarded me this beauty. Honestly, she awarded it to me a couple of weeks ago. I have been busy -- and forgot to put this on my blog. Sorry about that, Kate! It's still a very precious award.

(In last night's post, I mentioned a "Hall of Fame" group -- Lexie is Kate's beautiful daughter with Down syndrome)



I received this award from both Kate and Christy. I never think of my blog as brilliant -- but it means alot that people take the time to come by and read. Christy even said on her blog that she reads my blog every day. (That means a lot to me. .. of course, it also makes me feel guilty on those days when I don't blog!)

And, if I'm honest. . . I read the blogs that you see on the right. . .every day. Sometimes, I read them twice -- just hoping for updates. (Not meant to add pressure...I'm just being honest!)

Now. . . protocol says that with blog awards, you are to forward these awards to your favorite blogs. If I have learned anything in 12 years of ministry, I have learned that you NEVER publish a list of people -- because you're bound to leave someone off, and hurt their feelings.

So, I'm going to say a humble "thank you" to Kate, Judy, and Christy for awarding my little blog with these beauties. And, please know that if I have listed a blog on the right, it's because not only do *I* enjoy these blogs, but I think you will, too.

I am going to sign off pretty quickly tonight. I'm sure I have more to say -- but I'm out of energy. I woke up this morning with either a sprained ankle, or a heel spur. I haven't a clue what I've done. But, I am grateful for some "leftover pharmaceuticals" from surgeries in my recent past. As they begin to kick in. . . it's becoming clear that I need to sign out.
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch... take care of yourself...

10:02 PM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

'tis an honor to be listed over there
----->

9:51 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you deserve it chickie! which is why *ahem* you need you blog regularly

10:27 AM  
Blogger Hilah said...

OUCH!!!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! You are award worthy, and just so stinkin' cool...but not stinky cool, that is like, um, bleu cheese....or something like that.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home