This is My "Real" Blog: Now THAT is some food to clap about!


Angie's Blog!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Now THAT is some food to clap about!

Wow.

We had dinner out at a new Japanese restaurant tonight. YUM.

It kinda scared the HOOEY out of Caroline when they set the word "HOT" on fire on the grill. I think I still have the fingernail imprints on the back of my neck from where she grabbed on for dear life. I had the filet and shrimp. The fried rice was AMAZING. The veggies were delicious. The salad dressing? I ordered the ginger dressing. Mistake. Next time, I'll get the shrimp dressing.

Oh well. . .lessons learned.

When the chef was done cooking our meal, we clapped for him. He deserved it. Hot grill. . . 11 people. . . each order different. . . he deserved our applause.

This afternoon, after leaving work, I spent the afternoon here at the computer -- watching/listening to the Food Network while feverishly working on details for the Buddy Walk. It's getting closer and closer, and I'm getting more and more nervous as time progresses. I have an awesome team working with me, but still. . . . there are lots of details to iron out before October 5 gets here. So, until then, I may be a bit frenzied.

I noticed something kinda bizarre while watching the "glutton channel" this afternoon. From 2-3 p.m., Emeril LIVE! is on. I like Emeril. He cracks me up. He appears to be a very good chef. And, for the most part, the recipes he cooks on his show(s) seem to be quite delicious.

The bizarre thing? Every time Emeril declares that he's cooking with garlic, the audience goes up for grabs.

Ginger? No response
Soy sauce? Nothing
Shallots? Silence

But garlic? You'd think it was an audience full of vampire victims. They completely come unglued.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like garlic. I like its bread. I like its sauce. I like it roasted. I like it minced and fried crispy. I'm all about the garlic. . . bad breath notwithstanding. But I cannot remember the last time I stood up and cheered for it.


















. . . of course, I've never had Emeril cooking with it.
Photobucket

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I think "Do you cheer for garlic?" is one of their questions on the entrance form. Answer "no" and they send you down to the QVC studio . . .

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, it sounds so yummy! And I think we should be inclusive with our food cheering. Onions, rosemary, and thyme are worth cheering for, yes?

12:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

So what was the restaurant???

7:53 AM  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i think i just might cheer for garlic... i really really like it... oh well, i woeuld certainly cheer for any sort of benihana type of restaraunt

8:43 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

oooh i looove garlic. i could sit there with my nose in a jar of minced garlic all day :-) and you thought all my quirks had already been exposed in the six quirks meme?!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony had the same reaction to the fire part... but all in all he enjoyed the show.

2:53 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I am all about garlic.

Also, curious about the restaurant.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home