This is My "Real" Blog: So many things to do . . . and so much to say. . .


Angie's Blog!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So many things to do . . . and so much to say. . .

We have made it to Tuesday. Honestly, on Sunday night, I was wondering if we'd make it this far! Seriously. But, we've made it - so there you go.

Mark had his pre-op lab work done yesterday afternoon. Not fun for him, but it's done. Everything looked fine -- from my perspective.

One bit of news. . . . while he was in the midst of the blood draw, he informed me that he has begun working with our newest drummer at church (professional travel agent) on a cruise for our 20th anniversary next year.

And so the diet begins anew. . . .

That was cool. Not necessarily the time and place one usually hears such things. But, I wasn't going to argue....at ALL.

Last night, I had a Buddy Walk planning meeting exactly two blocks from the hospital where we had Mark's lab work done. So yes, in this time of extreme gas prices. . . I drove downtown TWICE in four hours.

It's all good. Really. And, dinner was at one of my favorite places -- The Cumberland Grill -- and the crab bisque was *nearly* as good as always. (not as thick as I like it!)

It stormed like a mother last night (I can say that because I am one). Flashing lightning, thunder, gallons of rain. It was wonderful. Humid, but wonderful.

Work today was BUSY. Productive, but busy. I am in the midst of planning and selecting music for the choir and band(s) for the fall & Christmas. I found some really good stuff. Still have a bit of a pile to weed through, but I'm getting there.

So, it's nearly 9:30 p.m., I need to empty the sink of the clean dishes, and I need to figure out what "waiting room activities" I'm going to take with me tomorrow. I plan on taking a book, and probably my most recent crocheting project. We'll see. Yes, there *are* gummy bears, as well.

The cruise is NEXT year. A girl's gotta stay nutritionally balanced while her man is in surgery. Dig?

So, the next time I write, we will all be home. . . we will have good news. . .and we will be resting. (All of us)

Thanks for prayers. We love you!
Photobucket

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Just a normal few days full of everything.

Prayers for your DH.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

All will be well my friend

12:21 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

thanks for the support earlier today ;-) 'tis awesome to have such wonderful friends like you!!!

hope everything goes well with the surgery tomorrow. eat some gummy bears for me...clear is my favorite kind!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well today and things get fixed without a hitch. Be kind to your patient...

Hugs!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Glad to hear the update that Mark was out of surgery. Still waiting for the report from the surgeon. If you need us call.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home