This is My "Real" Blog: A Star is Born


Angie's Blog!

Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Star is Born

We enjoyed our time at Country Tonight. . .tonight. Here are some pictures. I'm exhausted -- and there's still a lot to do before tomorrow! Good night!!


Caroline demonstrating her harmonica abilities to Mike Caldwell (Musical Director - and Harmonica player). He's been giving Dad harmonica lessons for the past 2 -3 years.


Caroline "stealing" the mic away from Kevin Wilson, our dear friend (and show host). Every time he came out to the audience, he waved at Caroline. Of course, she waved back -- and I believe kinda developed a little "crush" on Kevin. (Who could blame her?)


Then, there was Bubba. He's the comic relief -- and boy, he does his job well. Here he was singing "Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love" because, really, *could* a night at a Country Music Show be complete without it?

. . .and yes, they did sing "Rocky Top."

I miss having Kevin at our church. He was always a great "go-to" guy for solo work. Amazing voice. . .and again, have I mentioned? He's pretty easy on the eyes.

Whether or not you enjoy country music, this is a great show. There's a salute to the men & women serving overseas (now), and a tribute to veterans. (That part always makes me cry) Here, during the finale, they're singing "God Bless the U.S.A." (and again, I'm always driven to tears)

Great night! Enjoy the pics!

Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Yee-haw!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I would have enjoyed seeing this, and I know I would have cried during the tribute to the soldiers and veterans.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline with the harmonica is just too cute!!!! Love it!!!!!!

btw, you've been tagged... participate if you want...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Super night! Super star!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home