This is My "Real" Blog: Well, never mind!


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Well, never mind!

My meeting was cancelled, almost literally, at the last minute.

I didn't mind, really. I ate pizza with the fam. .. frozen pizza. But, it was still good. Caroline ate her three little pieces -- and on the last one, she just pulled the cheese off, and started "gnawing" at it. Hilarious!

And, all through dinner, after dinner, during her bath, and in her pre-bedtime routine, she was being a little ham. Again, hilarious.

Maybe she was giddy because Mommy got to stay home, instead of go to a meeting...? Who knows?

I still have a meeting tomorrow morning -- downtown Knoxville. It's the City of Knoxville Special Events planning meeting. These people are really cool--and very kind. They realize that I'm a short, short puppy in some tall, tall weeds. They've been very gracious to me so far this year -- and with the walk looming just around the corner -- they're not giving up on me!

Other than that, tomorrow holds some promise for being a super-productive day without kids. Caroline has no school on Friday. Edison does. (I'm sure we'll hear about this) I still desperately need a haircut--and the biggest, seriously the biggest thing our church has ever done is going to happen in 10 days. I've got a lot to do to get ready for it.

So, even when the checklist for Buddy Walk gets progressively smaller, the work stuff keeps piling up and up and up.

OH? You want to know what we're doing? It's really cool

. . . we're going to build two houses for Habitat for Humanity on Sunday, September 7. . . in our church parking lot.

It's true. I wouldn't lie.

I'm very excited. I wouldn't lie.

And, for the people that aren't in a "house-building" mood, we're going to sew blankets for a mission in Mexico, make ornaments/door hangers for nursing home residents, construct some items for Buddy Walk, and cut out laminated stuff for local school teachers.

Sound cool? Yeah, I thought so.

But, all this speculating and planning is making me tired. So, it's goodnight -- for tonight! Have an awesome Thursday!!
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really have been one busy lady lately and I thought I was the only one who was (lol).
Take pictures when you build the houses. I'd like to see that.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is big!

I like frozen pizzas. The really cheap Totino's ones...don't know why.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

i wish i could be there for the church stuff on the 7th...we'll be in illinois so i gotta miss out on the fun :-(

i like cheapo frozen pizza too. not nearly as much as i like papa john's, mind you, but they're oddly appetizing!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Gives new meaning to the term "church house" . . .

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home