This is My "Real" Blog: And I am NOT the camping type. . . .


Angie's Blog!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And I am NOT the camping type. . . .

Five years ago this morning, I was camping out at my mom & dad's house. We all were, actually. Knowing that Mom was taking me to the hospital for a planned c-section at the butt crack of dawn, we relocated ourselves to Grandma's house, and prayed that we'd all sleep. Some of us did. Others, not so much.

I remember the alarm was set for something like 4:45 a.m., which, in my opinion, is just criminal. But, there was an end in sight -- a goal -- something to strive for. And that, my friends, is what gets you out of bed at 4:45 in the morning.


Five years ago, everything I knew in my life changed. My view of myself. . .my God. . .my family. . .my world. . . every single thing I knew changed five years ago today.


In the past five years. . .

I have learned the value of friends. . . .I learned that there is nothing that God cannot do. . . I experienced the terror of putting my child's life in the hands of people more skilled than me.


I watched someone I have committed my life to become stronger and more brave than he thought he could be.


I have seen sensitivity and gentleness help turn a little boy into a young man.


I learned the value of a prayer warrior.


I became an advocate for a cause I never knew I'd care about.

I realized that there are some things I simply cannot control, or change. . . I became intimately acquainted with the Wiggles. . . .I overcame the stigma of words like "therapy" and "disability."


Five years ago today, I became the mother of a little girl that has forever changed my life, and the lives of many people around her.



She is honest.
She is creative.
She is imaginative.
She is stubborn (to a fault).
She is beautiful.
She is precocious.
She is talented.
She is musical.
She is mine.


Caroline. . .
You are loved more than I think you will ever realize. . . and today, more than ever, I see how you have completed me, and how our family would not be the same without you!


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "Plans to prosper you; not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11




Happy Birthday, Caroline!

I love you with all my heart,

Mommy

Photobucket

23 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

naking mne cry way too early in the morning... I was reflecting on how i had fallen in love with her also... i was smiling because i have "been there" for a bunch of these photos and i know the story behind all of them... Caroline has hcanged our lives over here in Canada ... and how powerful is that? I love you darling caroline to the moon and back

7:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Beautiful, beautiful post. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Donna Cooper said...

i didn't know that I needed an entire box of tissues while reading this precious post.

God chooses to bless us with things we never would have counted as blessings...but in His infinite wisdom, He chooses so perfectly.

Hope her day is joyous and full of laughter and joy!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Donna needs to pass the tissues over here! What a sweet sweet post...and what a sweet sweet girl! You know, I don't think I told you, but Sunday afternoon at the dance recital, my dad was asking if she was there...I told him she was home recovering and he was really bummed out that he didn't get to see her this trip! that girl has blessed people far and near :-) And what a privilege to be able to raise our girls together! We've got to plan that tea party soon ;-)

Did you mean to post this at 4:45am? That was the tag at the end of the entry said....irony???

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mellykat said...

It's a damn good thing I don't have my makeup on yet...Happy Birthday to your wonderful sweet girl. Everyone should feel such love.
Hugs,
M :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline. You have been blessed Angie. I hope that you all have a wonderful day.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now you have me crying....

8:58 AM  
Blogger Q, La, and Gooner said...

Happy Birthday and fantabulous photos!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Man! I should have waited to check you blog until I got home tonight. Nothing like trying to hold back tears sitting in my classroom.

Happy Birthday to Sweet Caroline. It is hard to believe that 5 years has already gone by. She is turning into a beautiful and talented little lady. I have just loved watching her grow up.

Glad she is feeling better too!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Sandee said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Caroline,
Happy Birthday to you.

Lois sent me. :)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Judy said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!!
Along with the others I too grabbed for the box of tissues. What a beautiful post.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY C*LINE!!!
Love all the way from California!!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Traveling Bells said...

Birthday wishes, sweet Caroline, all the way from North Georgia! Sniff, sniff...tears of happiness:)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Julaine said...

Happy Birthday Miss Caroline! Beautiful post Angie. Love ya!! Julaine

12:56 PM  
Blogger Shelly Wildman said...

Oh Angie, this is absolutely beautiful. I'm going to share it on my blog today. Thanks.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Karson said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful little girl! You made me cry. ;) Happy Birthday, Caroline! And happy day, Aubrey family!

Love,
Karson

10:22 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

You know, of all your posts, I think this one was my favorite.

And even if it wasn't, it would have been. Just because.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!! My Kennedy is about to turn 5 too! Amazing how life can change so much in half a decade!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I'm a day late reading Lois, so I'm a day late here. Sorry.
Happy Birthday Caroline. You sound like you are very blessed and are a blessing.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jeannette said...

I can barely see to type, through the tears in my eyes.... what a beautiful post to an absolutely amazing young lady. What a miracle and what an awesome God we serve. That sweet angel is beautiful in every way. And she didn't get that way by herself, ya know.... God gave her to just the right family .... one who would bring out the beauty he placed in her. I love you guys.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

In love with this post. In LOVE.

12:43 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh. You've made me cry at work.

Bless you.

1:18 PM  
Blogger WildmanDesigns said...

Happy Birthday, dear Caroline!

And thank you, Angie, for a gentle reminder of God's amazing faithfulness, wisdom, and mystery. I'm crying at my desk!

(My sister-in-law, Shelly, wrote about you on her blog. :-)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home